Today, Who Did You Vote For And Why?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I chose Nader because he is the ONLY candidate who has not broken any campaign finance law >>

Ferocious,

Really? Exactly what law has Harry Browne broken?

Russ, NCNE

Slap

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I voted for Gore. I just wish Clinton could have ran again. He is the greatest President of modern time.

Slap

StrangeRanger

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
We need more choices, right now it's simply a matter of choosing the lesser of 2 evils.
Bush is a freakin' idiot. the only way he's gotten anywhere in his drug abusing, whore chasing life is cuz his daddy threw the cash around and leaned on people.
Gore is a weenie and a whimp. not much else to say.
The whole political assembly and process should be flushed down the damn toilet and started over. the only thing more corrupt and full of sh!t than our entire political system (next to the greeting card industry of course) is the insurance industry. it's no coincidence there are some many lawyers involved in politics.
j
**edit** but i'm just ranting

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Browne

Bore and Shrub are tools, pawns of the political machine who are quite happy with the status quo and their fat bank accounts and political power.

Down with the estabishment!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Clinton...He is the greatest President of modern time. >>

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Good one!

Russ, NCNE

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Nobody.

Because the front-runners suck and anyone else is, unfortunately, a waste of time.
>>

This is exactly why 3rd parties can't compete. About half of the eligble voters in this country don't vote. If everyone who didn't vote, or wanted to vote for a 3rd party but didn't because they &quot;couldn't win&quot; would simply vote the way they wanted instead of voting strategically, a 3rd party candidate would stand a good chance of being elected.

Hello? McFly? Is anybody home?

InTheClouds

Jul 6, 2000
I can not believe what I am hearing!

Most of you are trying to justify either Bush or Gore???WTF!!!!!!!

Both are lying hypocrits. Neither can answer a question without changing the subject like a true polition. They both say what their platform wants to hear and neither will do what they say.

Are we as Americans so dumb as to believe either one of them is better than the other. Jeeze, sometimes I am embarrased to be a part of this system and that is why I have not voted. I wish I had registered in time but I didnt see a point seeing as how it would be voting for the lesser of two evils. Then I heard about Browne and wished I had registered.

Bush or Gore, either way the system is still not going to change.

jjsimas

Jul 4, 2000
Bush.

Imagine a country where we have multiple forms of educational systems. If a parent likes one form over the other, the parent can move to that city and enroll their children.

Imagine a country where we have multiple political structures. If a person doesn't want to pay sales tax but rather more income tax, then they can move to a place (state/county/city) where such a political structure exists.

Imagine disagreeing with others within your country and being able to implement your ideas within the county without forcing the others that you disagree with, to use your ideas as well.

What's necessary for this to occur?.. Local control. Democrat's won't provide you with that..

Jason

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
Bush.

Because America will be destroyed if the Democrats take control. The GOP has many flaws, but of the ruling parties, they are less likely to ruin us in the long run.

InTheClouds

Jul 6, 2000

What's necessary for this to occur?.. Local control. Democrat's won't provide you with that..

...and neither will the Republican's. If you believe they will you are a fool......

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
DickBelittle, you're a worthless Republicrat tool. If the best you can do is hope that you voted for the party that will destroy this country the slowest, keep your sorry @ss home on election day.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Boberfett, you're wrong about the reason why 3rd party runners never win.

Read this article

Our election system wasn't meant for more than 2 candidates.

The president is worthless anyway. All the power lies in the career politicians of Congress. The president only serves as an icon. He catches the blame, good or bad.

I might vote, one of these days. Depends on whether or not someone runs that has a chance to win and is NOT A POLITICIAN. Buncha losers making promises they have no way of keeping...even if they meant to.

amish

Gage

Jan 30, 2000
I havent voted yet. But I am going in about an hour. I havent decided on who I am going to vote for yet. I am considering Antonio Freeman as a write-in.

I had a dream last night that Al Gore won the election. He was being sworn in by Bill Clinton and they were shaking hands and doing the swearing in at the same time. The thing is, AL kept screwing up the ceremony by trying to be funny. He kept throwing in these moronic one liners that made him sound like a complete ass. The whole ceremony just ended up sad and stupid. I wonder if that was a prophetic dream?