Today was a good day

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Despite my weekend proclivities towards drinking I usually abstain outside the traditional Friday and Saturday evenings. Today I made an exception as tomorrow I sign the papers cementing my promotion and bonus. To be frank my responsibilities will be largely the same just with a notable premium for my efforts that should shave some time off me retirement timeline (markets depending).

So we followed up a nice dinner out with some quality libations at home. Not the worst day I've had by anymeans20210726_211110.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
Congrats.

Also where you live so I can do some bottle shares with ya?

Unibroue will always get the credit for getting me hooked on Belgian ales and more complex brews in general.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Congrats.

Also where you live so I can do some bottle shares with ya?

Unibroue will always get the credit for getting me hooked on Belgian ales and more complex brews in general.

SE MI but don't tell @highland as I had to move after the last time he found me

What will your title be tomorrow? Ultra Super Moderator?

I just no longer have to clean out the cesspool in Old's basement

Nice! Don't forget us little guys!

Never! Who else would validate me with likes on my vacation photos?!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"Today I made an exception as tomorrow I sign the papers cementing my promotion and bonus."

Congrats! I'm sure it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. But... why signing papers? What do they want you to sign? What do you have to promise in return? Your soul? Your first born?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
"Today I made an exception as tomorrow I sign the papers cementing my promotion and bonus."

Congrats! I'm sure it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. But... why signing papers? What do they want you to sign? What do you have to promise in return? Your soul? Your first born?
They're calling the bonus a 'signing or retention bonus' so if I leave the company within a certain period of time they may come after all or part of the signing bonus. So I'm acknowledging that part. For our org its a boilerplate clause from HR that I know is more often waived than not as long as you aren't generally an ahole. And this place has been good to me so I don't see myself leaving within that window. All that said I realize things can change so I'm aware of what that might mean