To Cut Or Not To Cut....HEEEEEELP! NOW! *UPDATED*

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Help me out. I really wanna take my midterms, but a *friend* wants to cut. So I figure I can miss my first class (no tests) and then drop her off at a friends then go to school and take my midterm. Then I can go back and kick it with her. How does that sound?

Any and all help is welcome. I need help SOOOON!

-MzTyKaL

UPDATED: Well she finally (after a whole lot of talking to) decided to go to school. So I don't have to worry about nothing. Thanks all, for your concern. I really appreciate it!

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
What would happen if you skipped the midterm? Is it a major part of your grade?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Go to school!!! You can "kick it with her" anytime without the risk of losing anything, if you can't then you don't need her anyway.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Remember, to some people fvcking around is more important than going to class.

I also say take the midterm. You can always hang out with your "friend" later.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I wasn't planning on skipping the midterm. I'm not dumb. Yes, I'm in college. Plus it would be sooo much fun *kicking it* with her ;). I'm only going to miss one ICS class. Which isn't anything that important.

So yah....

-MzTyKaL

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Take the midterm. Don't screw up! I know its fun to blow things off but never, ever miss a test.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Damn, lifes so hard when you're only 18! Damn I wish I was in high school again. Nothing to worry about if I cut during those years! :(

I'm still contemplating it...Thanks so far to everyone who replied. Still thinking....

-MzTyKaL

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Damn I wish I was in high school again. Nothing to worry about if I cut during those years >>

I know exactly how you feel man. I'm a senior now, and sometimes I wish I could turn the clock back a few years and relive those high school times.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
prodigy69 - I know whatcha mean. Damn, this is gonna cause sooo much stress for me tomorrow. Damn this soooo sucks!

-MzTyKaL

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
if you _plan_ to drop make sure there's nothing going on in class that day. for me usually that means the day after a test, quiz, etc with no labs or assignments due. some of my professors also assign random extra credit oppertunities when ppl aren't in class and you miss out, if you think there's a shot at that i wouldn't ditch. but all professors are different, you kinda of have to make that call yourself. oh and if it's a class where there's attendance checks, you may want to consider that. some of my classes operate on the fact you miss 3 days they start dropping you a grade, some you get pts for showing up (and if it's a class based on a curve, you NEED those pts).

if i know i'm going to ditch i try and let the professor know i'm not going to be there either, i just send an email or tell them in person, just common curtousey here.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Yah, I'm kind of contemplating calling my professor and asking if I can take my midterm early on in the day. *Hopefully* I can....

-MzTyKaL

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
sometimes they'll let you take the midterm in another session of the class, some of my professors are pretty leniant about that. others are pretty be there at this time, or don't be there AT ALL. ick