TN bill that would cut 30% of Wellfare benefits for uninvolved parents stalled

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Oh look, you're raging against women again. No thanks.

So pointing out government discrimination against men is raging against women again?

So pointing out that you are lying when you say that program is just about children is raging against women.

It sounds like it is you who are trying to cover up your raging against reality :D

You realize that infant formula is available to women (and fathers) who arent breastfeeding through the WIC program, right?

You do realize that would be covered under the infants part. Not the non-breastfeeding women part.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Ummm, WIC doesn't really benefit the mother, it is not like Food Stamps. With WIC, you can only get a certain about of things for baby, thats it. Its not a shop until you drop on the government's dime program.

With WIC you are restricted to certain products in certain quantities each trip such as:

1 Gallon of Milk
1 container of fruit juice
Cheerios
Applesauce

etc.

Nobody's mom is going to be eating crablegs on WIC. Men can also get WIC

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Ummm, WIC doesn't really benefit the mother, it is not like Food Stamps. With WIC, you can only get a certain about of things for baby, thats it. Its not a shop until you drop on the government's dime program.

With WIC you are restricted to certain products in certain quantities each trip such as:

1 Gallon of Milk
1 container of fruit juice
Cheerios
Applesauce

etc.

Nobody's mom is going to be eating crablegs on WIC.

So they use their WIC to load up on milk and cheerios. Score free bfest!

Thus freeing up their foodstamps for crablegs.

I mean really that took me 5 seconds to think up.

Men can also get WIC

You do realize I quoted directly from the federal government WIC program page where it describe benefits specifically for non-breastfeeding, non-pregnant women, but no mention of benefits for men right?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
So they use their WIC to load up on milk and cheerios. Score free bfest!

Thus freeing up their foodstamps for crablegs.

I mean really that took me 5 seconds to think up.

:rolleyes: Gosh, you're so mature.

You do realize I quoted directly from the federal government WIC program page where it describe benefits specifically for non-breastfeeding, non-pregnant women, but no mention of benefits for men right?

I looked it up, I was mistaken. WIC is for mothers with children, but Men can participate in in planning out the nutrition decisions for their children who benefit from WIC.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yeah, because this gravy train is already so sweet! The max benefit for someone with two kids in TN is $185 per month. Yeah, living on $185 a month is totally a way of life for people.

I don't understand the visceral need to punish welfare recipients that I see displayed sometimes.

I don't understand why people reject reform. Well yes I do but I mean from other than political concerns. This plan isn't how I'd do it, but Medicaid is immune to significant reform. Cut programs people have contributed to but expand expand.

No sir I don't like it.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
It’s not working: Nearly 2M NYC residents on food stamps

When I grew up in Chicago, it was called patronage.

If you were getting any government benefits, when it came time to vote, the helpful Democratic Precinct Captain, or one of his lackeys, would go into the voting booth with you just to make sure you hadn't forgotten how to vote a straight Democratic ticket.

Does anybody think that it is an accident that the draft online ObamaCare aapplication asks if you want to register to vote?

Then, after every election the helpful democratic politicians would do their best to make sure that you were rewarded for your loyal vote.

Its still called patronage.

Uno

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I don't understand why people reject reform. Well yes I do but I mean from other than political concerns. This plan isn't how I'd do it, but Medicaid is immune to significant reform. Cut programs people have contributed to but expand expand.

No sir I don't like it.

Apparently they either think that poor people are incapable of raising their children or that they shouldn't be expected to.

I am not sure which idea is more scary.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
"Since 2000, Illinois Medicaid rolls have more than doubled, from fewer than 1.4 million to 2.8 million. That’s more than 1 in 5 of every resident of Illinois.

... an audit was conducted. Of the 20,500 recipients screened, the outside auditors recommended the removal of 13,709.

That’s two-thirds of the first group screened. They were determined to be ineligible for the services they were receiving. Some made too much money to qualify; others they no longer lived in Illinois."

From
Too much fraud in too-expensive state Medicaid

No one is against helping people in need.

But if the state never audits these programs and then an audit shows that two thirds of the people audited are ineligible, the question becomes:

Are these programs to help people or are these programs that enable politicians to buy votes with taxpayer money?

Uno