TMNT Rocked! It exceeded my expectations.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I went and the whole fvcking movie was out of focus. really pissed me off. I liked the story, but wish it had more of donnie and mike.

VIAN

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2003
Originally posted by: JEDI
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: JEDI
Originally posted by: VIAN
I went to see the movie on Thursday at 12:01 AM. It was awesome. The turtles have never looked better. The graphics in certain scenes will amaze you and I think you'll agree that ditching the costumes of the past was a great idea.

I was a little afraid that this movie was a standalone, but it really seems like it's a continuation from the first Turtles movie, which is great since that was the only dark movie of the three. And it hints to a sequel.

The action is amazing, the comedy is hilarious, and the story will appeal to adults. It's about separate brothers finding a team in themselves once more.

TMNT is a triumph. I'm going to go see it again tomorrow.

wait... all the turtles are CGI? no live acting? it's not like the Hulk, is it?

the whole movie is cgi

whole movie?

so i'm watching a cartoon, or do things look realistic?
It can look mighty realistic during the night scenes. It's doesn't look cartoony. If anything, the day scenes look more like a comic book.

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
I went to the 12:05am showing last night, IT KICKED ASS!!! Only thing was, they could have made the turtles a little buffer.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Took my son, daughter, and wife's 9-year old cousin to see it tonight. I was actually impressed. The CGI was very good...especially in certain scenes. It certainly didn't lack for action. Some of the changes were kind of...yeah, eh. But, it didn't really hurt things overall.

Hope it does well enough to spawn sequels. My kid certainly liked it.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Chiboy
I went to the 12:05am showing last night, IT KICKED ASS!!! Only thing was, they could have made the turtles a little buffer.

yup, the previews made them look slightly anorexic... olsen twin phenom leaking into the movies now?

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Just came back from it and i gota say it wasnt that bad. Pretty decent jokes =)

Everyone looked skinny.. especially April..

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
now if they can make one that was like the orginal B&W comic book i would be happy. it was violent,bloody and fun

You might like the TMNT cartoon they started in 2003, which started out closely following the original comic books (dunno if it followed the comic books throughout the series). There's not much blood, but the arc'ing story line was much darker and serious than what's usually in saturday morning cartoons.

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I didnt read your OP because I dont want any spoilers, but I just wanted to say I'm seeing it on wednesday and I cant freaking wait! I love the TMNT :D

latino666

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2005
I seen it after the Intel Retail Edge meeting in Denver, CO last night.

Spoilers:
The scene with Donnie doing IT phone support was funny as hell. Mikey was funny all movie long. Splinters voice was kind of blah. Not really the right voice for him.

I give it a 8/10.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
I watched it. Worst voice acting, directing, and writing I've encountered since "Wild Wild West" in ... '98, I think.

So badly riddled with plot holes (and blatant continuity errors...) that I laughed enough to make it feel like I got my money's worth. :p

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
ok got back from seeing it. IT was great!

it was slightly violent, they had humans as foot soldiers not the crappy robots the cartoon had. but splinters voice sucked.

definitely going to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: So
I watched it. Worst voice acting, directing, and writing I've encountered since "Wild Wild West" in ... '98, I think.

So badly riddled with plot holes (and blatant continuity errors...) that I laughed enough to make it feel like I got my money's worth. :p

Wow you're so perceptive and awesome. I bet you wear t-shirts with witty sayings on them.

:roll:

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I can only afford to go to so many movies, and with 300 and The Grindhouse, TMNT misses out.

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
Just saw it last night. I thought it was pretty damn good - much better than I expected. The CGI was impressive - especially the night rain fight scene with leo/raph.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: So

Wow you're so perceptive and awesome. I bet you wear t-shirts with witty sayings on them.

:roll:

You're offended because I didn't like a terrible movie that suffered from delusions of grandeur? :laugh:

It was BAD. I'm sorry, deal with it. I don't mind a bad movie that isn't pretending it's something more. I liked League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for god's sake, but that movie knew it was a bubblegum summer flick.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Ehh I'm still torn towards the original movie with live characters

me tooo

stuff seemed too ... 'impossible'

yeah. having what 5ft tall, talking, ninaja trianed turtles is possible. but having them jump off a moving train and jump down 5 story building etc is imposible!