TJ max temp for bloomfield

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Anybody know tj max for bloomfield? I'm getting into the upper 80's now, running at 3.71 with ht on 24/7 seti/aqua. That seems a wee bit hot to me...

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
As far as I know its 100*c. That does sound rather toasty, but if your running a lower voltage I don't see it being too big of a problem.

mmoeller

Feb 10, 2010
Bloomfield CPUs should have the TjMax written in a register. If you use the Open Hardware Monitor you can just double click on the core temperature to see the TjMax parameter read from the register.

Also note, that software does not read the absolute core temperature from the registers, but the distance from TjMax. So for the 80°C to have a meaning you need to know which TjMax the software used to calculate that temperature. Good software uses the "correct" TjMax from the register, but there might be others that just assume some TjMax.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
no, but I'm using a lot of voltage, and the seti optimized apps usually push it 3-4 c higher than other dc projects. It's very inconsistent, however, I've seen it many times in the 70's as well.

good point about the distance to tjmax, I forgot about that. tjmax itself doesn't matter anyway. My tjmax setting in real temp defaults to 100c so I'll just leave it there to make the math easier :)

I'll probably drop the oc down to 3.6 tonight and optimize for lowest possible voltages there.

solofly

Banned
May 25, 2003
How much voltage are you pushing?

Here's a screenshot of my bloomfield C0...

Keep in mind this is summer time and at this very moment the room temp is about 6C higher than usual...

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
C0/C1 are tanks... you compare them to the B3 versions of kentsfields.
D0 are the more power optimized versions, they would compare to the G0 Kentsfields.

Well both are Tanks.. but the top is a steel tank, and the bottom is a reinforced carbon fiber version.

To ask is it too hot, thats up to you.
How long do you want that chip to last?
Every 10C you lower the chip's temps, you effectively double its life.

So intel says the "acceptable" temp range is anywhere from 70-90C.
But thats @ stock settings and to honor its warrenty.

There is no simple way to answer this question without voltage being taken into the situation.
That is my answer. :p

Example.. 1.9V @ -100C is not OK for bloomfield... i dont care what bloomfield it is.
Where as 1.2V @ 100C is not OK either. Well i would freak out if i saw a 100C temp.

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
Get a Megahalem. I have yet to see mine over 73C and that is with LinX and I am at 3.9 with 1.4v(C0). It idles at 37C with no power saving. I do have HT off though and that will add about 5C to the temps. I had a Thermalright Ultima before and this cooler is much better in looks and function. I have seen sales for Megahalems at $50 or so if you are that concerned about temps. What cooler are you using now anyway?

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
How much voltage are you pushing?

Here's a screenshot of my bloomfield C0...

Keep in mind this is summer time and at this very moment the room temp is about 6C higher than usual...

wow, nice. is that with HT enabled? I got the cpu b/c of ht for DC, so I'm not running it without it. I had to pump up to 1.38 vcore to get 3.71 stable, those temps were ridiculous. I actually saw it get to 90c this evening when I got home. So I tweaked it tonight, flashed the bios, went down to 20x180, dropped vcore to 1.3 and temps are currently 67 73 71 73.

Get a Megahalem. I have yet to see mine over 73C and that is with LinX and I am at 3.9 with 1.4v(C0). It idles at 37C with no power saving. I do have HT off though and that will add about 5C to the temps. I had a Thermalright Ultima before and this cooler is much better in looks and function. I have seen sales for Megahalems at $50 or so if you are that concerned about temps. What cooler are you using now anyway?

ultra 120 extreme. I might get another fan to run it in push/pull if I want to get crazy in the future, but I'm pretty satisfied right now at 3.6. I'll fiddle with it in the fall when temps go down and see if I can run it at 3.7 full time. btw, I think that it's more than 5c on hard core DC 24/7 with HT.

Last edited:

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
your chip is just better than mine. I had to bump up to 1.30625 vcore this morning. :|

what is MM?