TIVO HD PREMIERE $199 shipped, XL is $374 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knavish

May 17, 2002
Don't forget to add $13/month or $129/year or $399/lifetime for the Tivo service.
(Otherwise it's a brick!)

Greg04

Golden Member
Jun 11, 2004
Don't forget to add $13/month or $129/year or $399/lifetime for the Tivo service.
(Otherwise it's a brick!)

Its gonna be $399 for me. I'm getting FIOS and their DVR sucks. They also charge $18/mo for it.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I'll wait for the HD Homerun Prime external cablecard tuner from Silicon Dust. At least Windows Media Center is free.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
How do you get Windows Media Center for free?
It comes with Win7 (and some versions of Vista, although for the new cablecard tuners you'll need Win7). It provides TV programming data for free, so once you have a PC HD tuner there's no subscription fee required. It works really well.

yuchai

Aug 24, 2004
I'll wait for the HD Homerun Prime external cablecard tuner from Silicon Dust. At least Windows Media Center is free.

Do these Cablecard type tuners work with all Cable providers, or is that subject to whether the provider allows it to happen?

Sep 12, 2004
Do these Cablecard type tuners work with all Cable providers, or is that subject to whether the provider allows it to happen?
Cable providers are mandated by law to offer CableCards to their customers. Unless the provider is technically inept and can't get it to work, any CC tuner should work with any provider's CableCard since the cards all share a standardized format.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Code "PLSR" has been around forever and should get you $299 lifetime. You may have to be an existing customer to get it to work though, not sure.

GTFan

Jan 11, 2001
It comes with Win7 (and some versions of Vista, although for the new cablecard tuners you'll need Win7). It provides TV programming data for free, so once you have a PC HD tuner there's no subscription fee required. It works really well.
Yes, and right now the Ceton cablecard HTPC tuner costs $400 :eek:, hopefully that will go down once SiliconDust or Hauppauge breaks the monopoly.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yes, and right now the Ceton cablecard HTPC tuner costs $400 :eek:, hopefully that will go down once SiliconDust or Hauppauge breaks the monopoly.
But for that $400 you get 4 tuners and no subscription fees so it's still better than a Tivo. I'm still gonna wait for the Prime though, even though it's only 3 tuners, that's more than adequate for my purposes.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003

OK, how do you get Win 7 for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.