TiVo 40-hr series 2 $79.99 AR Circuit City

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not as good as the FAR deals from earlier but

Circuit City has the Series 2 40-hr TiVo for $79.99 AR (same $100 rebate that's been available everywhere for a long while which has a limit of 2 I believe.)

TCD540040

And don't forget TiVoToGo is being implemented.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
It's been $79.99AR from Amazon for a while now, free shipping if you don't mind waiting for it (although in my experience, the free shipping isn't really much slower then the paid shipping). I'll probably pick it up from CC anyway since I'm impaitent :)

You can also save $30 if you sign up for their Visa card.

Amazon also has the ReplayTV for $50 AR as well.

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: allisolm
Not as good as the FAR deals from earlier but

Circuit City has the Series 2 40-hr TiVo for $79.99 AR (same $100 rebate that's been available everywhere for a long while which has a limit of 2 I believe.)

TCD540040

And don't forget TiVoToGo is being implemented.
allisolm etal,
If you had the Dish Network recorder system (less any DVD capability) would you use the TiVo in conjunction with it? - or in place of it? - or in some other configuration I don't know agout?

I have had the Dish system for several years and am wondering what I may be missing.
AFAIK, my system lacks any way to transfer the recordings to anything but another Dish Network system.

X-Spurt advice appreciated. :D:D:D

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I'd use a Tivo in place of the DishNetwork deal, maybe move it into another room and use a standard reciever with your Tivo. The Tivo's season passes rule, it'll record any showing of a show (with or without repeats, you can choose). The Tivo2Go deal looks pretty cool too, someone on the Tivo Community forums has figured out how to burn DVD's without buying the Sonic MyDVD software (you can use whatever you already own).

My CC was completely out of the 40 hr tivos. There was a dad with his son there asking the salesman a question before I got to him. They wanted to know if some DVD recorder they had was in stock. There weren't any on the shelves, so the guy asked if he could check in back for him. While the dad talked to his son, the salesman turned around, looked at a computer screen (without touching a key), and then turned around and told the guy they didn't have any.

Then the salesguy was a compelte dick to me. I was considering sending a complaint to corporate, but I never thought to get the guys name. Never thought I'd see the day when I longed for CC employees on commission.

multifacitedonyx

May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: MrBond
I'd use a Tivo in place of the DishNetwork deal, maybe move it into another room and use a standard reciever with your Tivo. The Tivo's season passes rule, it'll record any showing of a show (with or without repeats, you can choose). The Tivo2Go deal looks pretty cool too, someone on the Tivo Community forums has figured out how to burn DVD's without buying the Sonic MyDVD software (you can use whatever you already own).

Do you have any reference to the DVD burning, link or something?

Thanks

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
I'd use a Tivo in place of the DishNetwork deal, maybe move it into another room and use a standard reciever with your Tivo.
Guess I should also have clarified this...
I'm assuming that the TiVo doesn't even work with Dish???

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: RideFree
I'd use a Tivo in place of the DishNetwork deal, maybe move it into another room and use a standard reciever with your Tivo.
Guess I should also have clarified this...
I'm assuming that the TiVo doesn't even work with Dish???
Tivo will work with DishNetwork equipment, I can't remember how I set it up at my parents house, but I think ran the video to the Tivo via S-Video/RCA jacks from the back of the receiver.

Tivo comes with an "IR Blaster" that lets you change satallite channels with the Tivo remote. It's fairly slow though, and combined with the already slow channel change on Dish Network, its kind of annoying. What my parents do is run the Satallite to the TV via coax and watch it on channel 4 for normal channel surfing. They switch to a video input on the TV to watch stuff the tivo has recorded.

I don't have the DVD burning link offhand, however if you go to the Tivo Community forums, there's a Tivo2Go forum and the thread should be on one of the first few pages.