Titanfall sli lens flare flickering

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Recently picked this game up and am getting awful flickering around light bloom sources.

I have to disable a core on my Titan Z to make it go away.

I found a video on Youtube of a user with the same issue right down to the ally cursor flicker too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtWckUF71U

Anybody else have this issue and is there a fix?

I tried a clean install of my drivers and even the latest beta. Only disabling sli fixes the issue.

I tried disabling all overclocks with no success. I don't have any other issues

Here is the thread that lead me to the youtube video.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Flickering-lens-flare-in-Titanfall-with-SLI/td-p/3659661

apparently a couple people have the issue and it is mostly going ignored

Last edited:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I'm forwarding this and your video to Nvidia's driver team. I'll keep you updated.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
thanks Keys. You have been very helpful over the years. I appreciate having guys like you around here.

if you want I can record my own video because that one isn't mine.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Thanks. It's my pleasure. And yes, please do record your own video. I'll do the same when I get home tonight. I don't have Titanfall installed currently but will install and check it out.

MiRai

Dec 3, 2010
You could always download nVidia Inspector and try forcing a different SLI mode.

I don't own the game, but glancing at the profile in Inspector I'd suggest trying to force either AFR2 or just plain old AFR (change all three settings to one or the other) to see if there's any difference between them in game.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I'm all for looking for workarounds for temporary fixes. In the end though, a user shouldn't have to change the method of rendering for SLI for a graphical bug.

MiRai

Dec 3, 2010
I'm all for looking for workarounds for temporary fixes. In the end though, a user shouldn't have to change the method of rendering for SLI for a graphical bug.
I knew I should have started my post with "In the meantime."

Galatian

Dec 7, 2012
Haven't noticed it in my Crossfire setup but I will keep checking if I notice the problem as well! What settings do you use in-game?

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Haven't noticed it in my Crossfire setup but I will keep checking if I notice the problem as well! What settings do you use in-game?

Everything is cranked. You wouldn't have to look for it. You would see light sources through walls. Light shafts flickering, cats and dogs living with each other. Mass hysteria.

Galatian

Dec 7, 2012
Everything is cranked. You wouldn't have to look for it. You would see light sources through walls. Light shafts flickering, cats and dogs living with each other. Mass hysteria.

I guess this is going to be a moot question, but have you tried tuning it down? I ran Titanfall on both a GTX670 and now on two R9 290X. Haven't had that problem. But I do run on like medium settings.

That being said I think Respawn never really bothered with proper multi GPU support.

And the Smart Pistol has pretty much ruined the game. You only got like only 3000 players online here in Europe.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Titanfall uses the Source engine. Have you tried forcing AFR1 / AFR2, or played with different SLI bits in Inspector?

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
I guess this is going to be a moot question, but have you tried tuning it down? I ran Titanfall on both a GTX670 and now on two R9 290X. Haven't had that problem. But I do run on like medium settings.

That being said I think Respawn never really bothered with proper multi GPU support.

And the Smart Pistol has pretty much ruined the game. You only got like only 3000 players online here in Europe.

I don't think you purchase a Titan Z and think "I better run this game on Medium!!!!"

He might as well just smash the thing with a hammer.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I don't think you purchase a Titan Z and think "I better run this game on Medium!!!!"

He might as well just smash the thing with a hammer.

:thumbsup:

1 core can still run it really well and maxed but without AA @ 3440x1440. It's just that I want my card to work properly and I hate jaggies

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
:thumbsup:

1 core can still run it really well and maxed but without AA @ 3440x1440. It's just that I want my card to work properly and I hate jaggies

Titanfall looks horrific without some form of AA enabled.I have a 26'' 720p t.v hooked to my pc currently and that game looks dreadful till i apply tons of AA.

Big issue is how stupidly horrible the game is on vram/performance, medium with 8x MSAA just plays smoothly on my 2gb 770 but high i can only apply up to 2x MSAA and it looks horrible still lol.

The game pisses me off lol.

Galatian

Dec 7, 2012
It's a freakin online shooter. Based on the old Source Engine. The graphic is alright. I seriously haven't had time looking at it for long, because everybody is freakin shooting at you from all around ;-)

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, it's a known issue. Not much information yet. When I know something, you'll be the next to know.
It's been a known issue since launch, hasn't it? At this point I'd think it's an engine problem and not something drivers can fix.

gooki

Mar 19, 2015
OK, so I too have this issue. 2x gtx 770 4gb. I have submitted a bug to respawn and nvidia. I believe this is on nvidia's end. So to go over the issues, and what it takes to repeat them. The light bleed, lens flare with flicker, only happens in sli with Nvidia surround enabled. Which with the issues others are having, it seems to be sli at any resolution greater than 1920x1080. So I tried on one monitor with DSR enabled @ 4k. I do not have any issue with lens flare, but the light bleeding still exist. It may have to do with DSR enabled, and how it handles the scaling. Seems 2k monitors with sli are still having the issue, maybe turning on DSR and using a slightly higher resolution may solve the issue there, but I can't use DSR and surround (3 monitors). If I removed a card and run surround all is fine, with obviously lower frame rates. No flare flicker issue, no light bleed.

I also have a machine with 2x AMD r9 280x's in crossfire. Hooked it up to my monitors, and none of the above issues what so ever. Tried in eyefinity (3 monitor) or single monitor, with and without crossfire enabled, I can't get the light bleed or lens flare flicker. So the problem is with Nvidia.

I guess if you want to play titanfall in anything greater than 1080p you need a single powerful Nvidia GPU, or if a dual GPU fan you need to go AMD. I'm curious to know if this happens in 3 way sli, since it handles the frames differently.