Titanfall: Season Pass is Free

Morgoth780

Jul 3, 2014
Back when I actually played Titanfall a few months ago, there wasn't anybody playing the dlc maps at all. So I'm guessing they did this to please people who haven't bought any dlc, maybe trying to increase sales of Titanfall 2. But then, I'd be mad if I bought the season pass...

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Kind of like when they offered Close Quarters for BF3 for free,i like it cause maybe we could gain more players.:) Game needs more players.

gsilver

Jul 8, 2012
Well, it gives me a reason to give Titanfall another go, at least.

Maybe I'll even get into the Campaign mode so that I can get the other Titan chassis.
...Not bloody likely, though.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Population sure has jumped,Frontier Defense usually may hit about 40 players in my region on a good day but now there was about 350 today.About 1100 in Attrition where there is usually about half that maybe.

I don't remember if Frontier Defense was a game mode only delivered exclusively from the Season pass or not.Anyone know if that is the case?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Population sure has jumped,Frontier Defense usually may hit about 40 players in my region on a good day but now there was about 350 today.About 1100 in Attrition where there is usually about half that maybe.

I don't remember if Frontier Defense was a game mode only delivered exclusively from the Season pass or not.Anyone know if that is the case?

Frontier Defense was a free game mode released for everyone IIRC. Pretty sure Titanfall's player pop has jumped just because, hey, more free stuff.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Juat got this in my Origin account......what's the best deal out there for the Standard Edition?

(I remember seeing one for $5 or $6 sometime back_

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Frontier Defense was a free game mode released for everyone IIRC. Pretty sure Titanfall's player pop has jumped just because, hey, more free stuff.

Yeah its a good thing,it's not exactly the greatest game but its population was severely low for what you get.Glad it got its needed boost.Iv'e sat in the lobby for over 10 mins waiting for Frontier Defense matches to build and start,today it was not even a min.:)

I don't care much for Attrition,anything team death match based seems boring these days.Had a bit of fun with it but it got boring way to fast,i nearly quit Titanfall for good cause of other modes and a low population of players but this free pass has kept me in a bit longer.:thumbsup:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
eh.. i wanted to like TF, but i just can't play it. Too much smoke and other garbage.. i'm already horrible at spotting, in TF i was just useless.

still, free is free.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
eh.. i wanted to like TF, but i just can't play it. Too much smoke and other garbage.. i'm already horrible at spotting, in TF i was just useless.

still, free is free.

Was it also the Smart Pistol?If i didn't bother with the training,i would have sworn the weapon was a aimbot lol.I think this weapon is partially to blame for why some people don't even play this game.

Put that weapon in any other fps and see the result.I know its half the reason i don't play Attrition,people sit and camp some corner cloaked with this thing.D:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
tbh the smart pistol was the only way i could play, not for its 1-hit kill (the time to kill is much longer than say, the shotgun), but for the ability to pick out pilots i wouldn't otherwise see.

i prefer to play in the mechs anyway. and to spam nades.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
i prefer to play in the mechs anyway. and to spam nades.

The mechs are the only reason to play i think,Frontier Defense you last a bit longer in a Titan as the a.i in there is a bit dumb but in Attrition its just short lived if you don't have the right burn cards.

I saw that pilot skirmish is deader then dead with 0 players last night,it was meant to be purely a pilot only gamemode.As if everyone bought this game simply to run around as infantry.:p

When i heard they added pilot skirmish,i thought it was the stupidest edition to the game period lol.I raged a bit with confusion like who was going to play this,god i love being right.;)

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Downloaded this free stuff on the first day they gave it away, but still havent bothered to fire up the game to even glance at it yet. lol

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Anyone aware of deals out there for the base game? Did a free trial weekend and it's "alright," but not paying more than 5-10 bucks for it. :p

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Kind of like when they offered Close Quarters for BF3 for free,i like it cause maybe we could gain more players.:) Game needs more players.

This, TF was dead a few months after release, its an OK game but other games do many things better, and face it, FPS are like APPLE products, you only play the most current for 6 months then the next one comes along.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
The mechs are the only reason to play i think,Frontier Defense you last a bit longer in a Titan as the a.i in there is a bit dumb but in Attrition its just short lived if you don't have the right burn cards.

I saw that pilot skirmish is deader then dead with 0 players last night,it was meant to be purely a pilot only gamemode.As if everyone bought this game simply to run around as infantry.:p

When i heard they added pilot skirmish,i thought it was the stupidest edition to the game period lol.I raged a bit with confusion like who was going to play this,god i love being right.;)

Actually when i played the game regularly my friends and me thought that the mechs are not as useful as they seem. They get crushed fast and the movility of the jetpack and walljump of a team of pilot is too much for the mechs. I almost exclusively used the mechs in autopilot to have a second weapond and a "decoy".
And the fast parkour moving of the pilots would do for a fun experience by itself if you could remove mechs and Bot on each side.
Im sure i would have played the mode .... if i hadnt already dropped the game when it was released

Last edited:

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
if the player limit wasn't artificially limited and there were pilot only modes this game could've been good

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I grabbed the free stuff and then got the game for $7 or something... I used to play a lot, but since BFBC2 lost its popularity I couldn't get into anything else... Started playing Titanfall this long weekend and must say I am hooked! love it!! I have not looked around for options, didn't want to waste time doing it, though of asking question(s) here.

I saw there were a few different modes of multi-player gaming, forgot the names but seemed like the first option had most players, so I jumped into it. The game had only one aim, kill as many as you can. Are they other options worth exploring? what is/are your favs?

I am level 9 so obviously I do not have all the weapons, but what is your favorite custom load?

I saw that on each side there could be only 6 players, but then there were many more to kill in the game, later realized the minion kills, so they are computer generated players? is there any way to distinguish between minions and pilots?

Lastly most important question, is there any way to choose servers? I was being put into servers by the game, there were no list of servers to choose from. Is that how it works? or is there a way to choose? Maybe there are expert and rookie servers? some that allow team kill or so on?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I grabbed the free stuff and then got the game for $7 or something... I used to play a lot, but since BFBC2 lost its popularity I couldn't get into anything else... Started playing Titanfall this long weekend and must say I am hooked! love it!! I have not looked around for options, didn't want to waste time doing it, though of asking question(s) here.

I saw there were a few different modes of multi-player gaming, forgot the names but seemed like the first option had most players, so I jumped into it. The game had only one aim, kill as many as you can. Are they other options worth exploring? what is/are your favs?

I am level 9 so obviously I do not have all the weapons, but what is your favorite custom load?

I saw that on each side there could be only 6 players, but then there were many more to kill in the game, later realized the minion kills, so they are computer generated players? is there any way to distinguish between minions and pilots?

Lastly most important question, is there any way to choose servers? I was being put into servers by the game, there were no list of servers to choose from. Is that how it works? or is there a way to choose? Maybe there are expert and rookie servers? some that allow team kill or so on?

The other modes are fun as hell, the only problem is few if any people play them, so you might have to wait longer for a game.

Don't really have a favorite load, I alternate between Shotgun and Carbine. I always use minion detector though, at least 1/3 of your Attrition points are likely minion kills.

They're easy to distinguish. Pilots will be moving faster, jumping around and actually killing you lol. There are also substantial visual differences, but things move so fast these don't matter that much.

No, there is no way to choose servers unfortunately. It's all matchmaking.

I still enjoy it, but having obtained all the weapons and whatnot long ago it's something I'll play for 30 minutes and move on.