Titanfall (PC) $16 at Gamersgate (DEAD)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
that was quick. i liked the videos i saw but not sure if i'd like the game. haven't really been in the mood for games lately though either.

hmm...not SP or offline mode...haven't played a mp fps in a while.

Last edited:

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
that was quick. i liked the videos i saw but not sure if i'd like the game. haven't really been in the mood for games lately though either.

hmm...not SP or offline mode...haven't played a mp fps in a while.

If you want to try the game out, Go to Origin and click under Free Games.

Titan Fall is currently free to play on Game Time for a limited time.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
If you want to try the game out, Go to Origin and click under Free Games.

Titan Fall is currently free to play on Game Time for a limited time.

yeah, i find out after i bought it. oh well, at least it's not $60

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I can't sing the praises of this game highly enough. It's incredible.

However, I would say don't bother with the expansion packs. The new maps are there but I don't enjoy them as much as the original maps. I liked the characters and mini-storyline of the original campaign. it would not have been hard at all to create a new campaign for the expansion DLC, but they didn't. Also, the hardcore good players hang out there so it's devilishly difficult.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I can't sing the praises of this game highly enough. It's incredible.

However, I would say don't bother with the expansion packs. The new maps are there but I don't enjoy them as much as the original maps. I liked the characters and mini-storyline of the original campaign. it would not have been hard at all to create a new campaign for the expansion DLC, but they didn't. Also, the hardcore good players hang out there so it's devilishly difficult.
Wait what campaign? Are we talking about the same game?
I'm kinda having some fun with mp. Not very good though.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
OK, played for a few hours yesterday and thought I'd follow-up. I like this game a lot, but it's also very frustrating. I go back to what I thought when I played the beta... it needs a SP mode to learn the mechanics of the game. Jumping right into MP battles had me nearly rage-quitting withing 15 minutes.

The controls are pretty unique and give a sense of weight to your character both, in and out of the Titan. However, I found myself getting frustrating learning the timing between reload/fire or shield/fire... I'm not used to games where firing will interrupt the reload sequence and it takes a moment to transition between shield and raising/firing your gun.

Double jumping + wall + more double jumping is cool. In a titan, the titan-less pilots look like fleas jumping all over the place.... not terribly hard to shoot, but very squirrely nonetheless.

@ $16 it's a decent purchase. I couldn't see myself happy with this purchase @ over $30 though, so i'm glad I waited

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Yes, there's a campaign. It's right there, dude. Really excellent IMO.

I call BS.

The only thing that says campaign is in the game mode selection and you're still playing against other people in attrition mode, but there's NPCs talking ver the radio to kind of give a bit of story to it. there's no SP campaign.

Here's screenshots of the menus

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/atotpontifex/TitanFall1.jpg
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/atotpontifex/TitanFall2.jpg
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/atotpontifex/TitanFall3.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/why-titanfall-has-no-single-player-campaign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall
Online multiplayer is the sole game mode, but contains single-player elements such as plot, character dialogue, and non-player characters (NPCs).[16] While Titanfall has no offline, single-player, or local splitscreen modes, it supports system link over a local area network (LAN).

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Campaign_Missions
The Campaign in Titanfall is an integrated experience. Unlike other single player experiences, the Campaign Missions are integrated into the multiplayer game itself, with the story playing out via multiplayer matches. The campaign missions are the same for both groups, though the results are vastly different, and the content in terms of audio and visual change as well.

http://rageselect.com/index.php/feature/latest-news/no-single-player-campaign-in-titanfall

Last edited:

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I really like the campaign. It doesn't bog you down with cutscenes, there's some good lines and emotion going on. It's really streamlined and to the point. You get to play as both sides of the campaign which is a neat twist.

and it's more than just attrition. There's hardpoint also. Though no capture the flag or pilot hunter, etc.

I enjoy the little bits of story in each match, make the matches feel more important.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Sometimes i do ok and some times i get absolutely trashed. 1 game i went 0/11. Felt like every time i spawned i died right away. It is hard to see people though, especially with the bot characters running around, hard to tell whos who if you get surprised. 1 thing though is human players jump alot or go up on roofs, etc and the bots tend to stay on the ground.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
For new players, this is what I recommend:

1. Shotgun
2. Stim
3. Stryder Titan + quad rocket.

This is fairly easy and effective. Don't bother with aiming too much, just keep on running and gunning.

Right now I'm toying around with builds that require more precision on my part, like a machine gun with slammer (for titans) and a B3 Wingman sidearm, good for its long range damage.

I hate the sniper rifles. I always hate sniper rifles in any shooter though.

The Hemlock is fairly interesting too. The starburst 5 round shot is kind of inaccurate but is interesting to use hip firing.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
you can try picking up the game from the mexican origin site using the hola proxy addon. you pay in pesos but it's much cheaper than the us site. game is currently 30% off. there's a guide online somewhere on the complete process.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
For new players, this is what I recommend:

1. Shotgun
2. Stim
3. Stryder Titan + quad rocket.

This is fairly easy and effective. Don't bother with aiming too much, just keep on running and gunning.

Right now I'm toying around with builds that require more precision on my part, like a machine gun with slammer (for titans) and a B3 Wingman sidearm, good for its long range damage.

I hate the sniper rifles. I always hate sniper rifles in any shooter though.

The Hemlock is fairly interesting too. The starburst 5 round shot is kind of inaccurate but is interesting to use hip firing.

I tried using the shotgun (starter) but it seems weak and too slow. The SMG is my weapon of choice right now, but I was also doing fairly well with the 2nd rifle unlock (ma24 or something like that?).