TITAN RTX Coming

HiyaKarate

Nov 14, 2018
I think I'm skipping this generation of NVIDIA cards. There clearly needs to be further development and support.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Don't really see the point of this, it's not really much faster than a 2080 Ti, and there aren't enough RT cores on either chip to make ray tracing faster.

If you wanted the fastest gaming card you could just buy a used 32GB Titan V CEO Edition with 128ROPs and 900GB/s of memory bandiwidth, flash it with a custom vBIOS and put it on water. I don't see a Titan RTX competing with that, as it would have a 33% memory bandwidth deficit and 17% CUDA deficit, in addition to the fact that HBM2 overclocks through the roof compared to GDDR6, 1.2TB/s should be possible on a custom vBIOS.

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
Quite a few years ago I got the GeForce TITAN X (Maxwell) which I am still using today to game just fine and dandy on 4K with AA and MSAA off and it has lasted me 4 years which for a graphics card is bloody good. I deliberately skipped the the 1080 series and the other 3 Titans since, though I would be interested in a new Titan if it were 16gb or more of video ram (not for gaming purposes) especially for the RTX cores as I render on Octane which uses CUDA and should soon support the RTX tech next year .

If they did release a new Titan with more than 12gb of ram and it were HBM2 it would probably be insanely expensive. If however on the other hand they made a 16gb or 24gb version with GDDR6 to keep costs down then they could be on to a winner and I would certainly been interested in getting one in say 6+ months down the line.

Fir

Jan 15, 2010
I wonder if/when it will arrive since 2080Ti cards are dropping like flies. Even custom pcb (ex Asus Strix) models are failing after just a few hours of 3D!

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
Even if a Titan RTX is on the cards, I can't imagine them making one at 24gb of vram even if it is GDDR6 as it would be eating into the sales of Quardros. Having said that I would rather like a 24gb Titan. :)

Fir

Jan 15, 2010
Don't really see the point of this, it's not really much faster than a 2080 Ti, and there aren't enough RT cores on either chip to make ray tracing faster.

If you wanted the fastest gaming card you could just buy a used 32GB Titan V CEO Edition with 128ROPs and 900GB/s of memory bandiwidth, flash it with a custom vBIOS and put it on water. I don't see a Titan RTX competing with that, as it would have a 33% memory bandwidth deficit and 17% CUDA deficit, in addition to the fact that HBM2 overclocks through the roof compared to GDDR6, 1.2TB/s should be possible on a custom vBIOS.

There's one on eBay!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-TIT...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

I'm in! :-}