Titan Quest Eternal Embers expansion released

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Eternal Embers expansion just dropped out of nowhere. I had a sneaking suspicion something big was coming when the previous nVidia game ready driver mentioned the game.

Adds a new mastery and is as long as the first 3 acts of the base game. Only playable on Legendary difficulty but you can now start a new character straight at level 70 if you want.

Hopefully now they'll focus on fixing existing bugs from the whole game.

https://www.gog.com/game/titan_quest_eternal_embers

Reactions: Stg-Flame

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I kinda like that old games are still getting support and content. But I got bored with Titan Quest a long time ago. Its excellent hack n slash and nothing more.
I really wish TA:Kingdoms would get an improved version and new content. I think Cave Dog went out of business but I hope somebody buys the IP and starts using it.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
It blows my mind they are still making expansions for a game from 2006.

- Kinda wild that Kingdoms of Amalur is supposed to be getting an expansion as well.

Remasters and new DLC sounds like a good low effort way to gin up interest in an IP before going all in on a new mainline entry to the series.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I really wish TA:Kingdoms would get an improved version and new content.
I replayed this recently during my backlog expedition and it did not age well at all. Most of the time it was incredibly difficult to even see what was happening and the UI is incredibly clunky. If we ever see a TA: Kingdoms remake, it'll have to be a completely new game based on the original because in order to fix the multitude of problems with that game, it'll have to be torn down to nothing and then built back up.

Remasters and new DLC sounds like a good low effort way to gin up interest in an IP before going all in on a new mainline entry to the series.
That would be great if we actually saw new entries with some of these remasters. It seems like the last fad was VR and now it's remakes and remasters with no intention of continuing the series. It would be nice if they made a Titan Quest 2, but I believe they won't try to compete with Grim Dawn and will likely just keep expanding upon TQ.