tiny houses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
LOL 70 square ft....I don't care who you are, you cannot have a high standard of living in one of those.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
pretty cool houses, but way too expensive for what they are. A real rip off. You could pay 2.5 times as much and get 10 times the house for some of those.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: IGBT
Originally posted by: Summit
..mabe 2 or 3 of em wit hallways connecting them. I know somebody who connected 3 double wides together and it worked out great.
you just need 2 double wides, you'd be amazed how nice your house on wheels could be.

..well you get 3 of em and configure them into a triangle with connecting hallway kits. Then landscape all around and the center of the triangle. You need about 5 acres to do it right. Then fence the whole works in. If you really want to get lavish get 5 of em and make your own pentagon.
I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Awesomeness.

This house is perfect for my wife and I. I am going to order the plans tomorrow. I am sick of taking care of a big house. I've had two huge condos 1700 and 2000 s/f and now a big house and I hate it. A smaller house is perfect.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Awesomeness.

This house is perfect for my wife and I. I am going to order the plans tomorrow. I am sick of taking care of a big house. I've had two huge condos 1700 and 2000 s/f and now a big house and I hate it. A smaller house is perfect.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: middlehead
Originally posted by: Summit
..mabe 2 or 3 of em wit hallways connecting them. I know somebody who connected 3 double wides together and it worked out great.
you just need 2 double wides, you'd be amazed how nice your house on wheels could be.

..well you get 3 of em and configure them into a triangle with connecting hallway kits. Then landscape all around and the center of the triangle. You need about 5 acres to do it right. Then fence the whole works in. If you really want to get lavish get 5 of em and make your own pentagon.
I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

is i actually saw someone with a pentagon of double wides i would give them this

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If you put one of those in the Kahleeforneeya Sierra Nevada, hunters and backpackers would steal the dammed thing between your visits...you'd come back to nothing. It happens all the time to folks who build vacation houses in the mountains.