Times have changed.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
:laugh: I remember using a piece of cardboard from a PC Gamer magazine with a demo CD to hold it ontop of my POS CRT as some cheap half-assed glareshield. My eyes were always strained and I tried using weaker/fewer lightbulbs. Ended up turning the desk away from the lamp after 6/7 years of going blind. Then came the LCD that had no glare whatsoever...

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA

Remember when scientists were discussing that the earth was headed towards another Ice Age?

we're in an ice age right now mister accountant

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: silent tone
I remember saving spammed AOL 3.5" floppies so I wouldn't have to buy floppies for storage.

:thumbsup: Yup did that too.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: silent tone
I remember saving spammed AOL 3.5" floppies so I wouldn't have to buy floppies for storage.

LOL...i still have some of those lying somewhere.
Remember when there were only 2 colors on monitors - Green and Black

The POS (point of sale) system at my store is an AMD K6 system running Windows 2k. Its getting slow and old but getting the job done...why fix it if it aint broke.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Hell, my first monitor was a 12" green monochrome for my Apple II. It displayed text in the dazzling resolution of 80x24