Time Warner does not make any sense to me ...

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
I came home from college for the break and one of the things I was looking forward to was watching some beautiful HDTV on the big-screen my parents got before I left. We have Time Warner Cable because we've been with them since before the HD-era and just got a new box when we switched to HD. Plus they offer ZeeTV, an Indian channel that my parents love and watch continuously on their SD set upstairs.

I was looking through the programming lineup and saw that our HD lineup does not include The CW HD, TBS HD (although I've heard they use stretch-o-vision), Cartoon Network HD, or CNN HD.

Aren't all these channels and Time Warner Cable owned by the same company?

It boggles my mind as to how TWC doesn't offer these channels to me. The only Turner network they have is TNTHD, which is at least somewhat decent since they carry the NBA. But still, I saw some CNN HD while I was passing through the CNN Center in Atlanta and was really hoping to catch some caucus coverage in HD :/.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
TBSHD is pretty good... only stretch about 10-15% of the content I've seen. Some of the content is widescreen, but it's SD and isn't really sharp. Most of the content is really good though.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno
Cartoon Network HD? Do the cartoons really need to look sharper?

They show some live-action films if they have anything to do with cartoons. Besides, I'm just pointing out how TWC doesn't carry Turner HD channels.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
I could think of 100000000 more things to cry over rather than not getting to watch The CW or CNN in HD. :p

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: tfinch2
I could think of 100000000 more things to cry over rather than not getting to watch The CW or CNN in HD. :p

The same can be said for tons of other stuff in OT. I want my HD, got dang it! :p

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
I was at the Time Warner corporate office in Manhattan last week and they had CNN HD running in the lobby but ironically there's no CNN HD on Time Warner Cable in Manhattan. That's because the rich VPs all live in mansions in the Hamptons with Comcast :D

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Chris
I was at the Time Warner corporate office in Manhattan last week and they had CNN HD running in the lobby but ironically there's no CNN HD on Time Warner Cable in Manhattan. That's because the rich VPs all live in mansions in the Hamptons with Comcast :D

Great, even Comcrap is better than TWC! :laugh:

That actually makes me wonder how the office got CNNHD. Perhaps even they have DirecTV :p.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Amol
That actually makes me wonder how the office got CNNHD. Perhaps even they have DirecTV :p.

I've been wondering that myself.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Chris
Originally posted by: Amol

I've been wondering that myself.

Maybe they should just shuttle DirecTV channels over TW Cable :p