TIME Magazine - Mellowing Out On Marijuana

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Isn't this a couple years old, and still illegal because city law is subordinate to state and federal law?

Feb 6, 2007
You should really add "American" to the title. There are lots of major cities outside the US where marijuana is legal (ok, lots is a stretch, but there are some).

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Isn't this a couple years old, and still illegal because city law is subordinate to state and federal law?

Yes my bad.... :(

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
You should really add "American" to the title. There are lots of major cities outside the US where marijuana is legal (ok, lots is a stretch, but there are some).

Done... ;)

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: UglyCasanova
Posted 11/3/2005

Crap, I wasn't paying attention to the posted date, someone on a forum I know made a post, and I thought some new news was happening on this issue, so that is why I made this post.

My bad, OLD NEWS! :(

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
New news is out that Time just did a little over a week ago, so I changed the post! :)

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Cool thanks, I know Ron Paul is against the Drug War, it's such a waste.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
Texas recently approved legislation that wouuld give police officers discretion to cite and issue summons for class A and class B misdemeanors instead of arresting
suspects and taking them to jail. It will take time for communities and officers to get used to the flexibility but it think it will be successful.

Texas House Bill 2391 Summary

State Representative Carl Isett said the bill, which passed unanimously in the House and 29-1 in the Senate, was designed to give law enforcement officers a tool in managing their local jail populations.

Below is an article from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal on NORML's website.

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal article on NORML Website

Legalization is seen as too radical for many communities, however I think this is a good first step in common sense Marijuana legislation.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: DasFox
WATCH THIS ONE PEOPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...B3tgAY&feature=related

:D

"Oh, but you've got your supporters out there..."

WTF is that supposed to mean? :laugh:

God forbid Paul have some real support in this country. ;)

WTF is that supposed to mean? What are you talking about?

There are no perfect candidates, but at least Ron is the most constitutional, and not corrupted either like all the others...

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
This news is ironic for me because my dad just moved to Hailey, Idaho. I never thought such a small podunk town like that would ever be in the news. I wonder how much of an effect state a federals laws will have there, because the entire two weeks I was there I never saw a single state trooper.

Edit: Called the Hailey PD and they said they have authority to enforce state law even if a city ordinance legalizing the sale of cannabis is passed.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: xeemzor
This news is ironic for me because my dad just moved to Hailey, Idaho. I never thought such a small podunk town like that would ever be in the news. I wonder how much of an effect state a federals laws will have there, because the entire two weeks I was there I never saw a single state trooper.

Edit: Called the Hailey PD and they said they have authority to enforce state law even if a city ordinance legalizing the sale of cannabis is passed.

I guess they like their BUDS & SPUDS, LOL ;)

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: DasFox
Originally posted by: xeemzor

I guess they like their BUDS & SPUDS, LOL ;)

I can't really blame them for wanting to legalize it. It is in the middle of nowhere and with the exception of outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, skiing, etc. there is very little to do.