Time for something a little different: WORST video game!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
IM THE ONLY SUCKER WHP BOUGHT SKYDIVE!!!!

I thought that game would be top on the list here. But its not. Basicly its a game in wich you skydive. You control you guy, do some tricks, it has crappy music, textures suck, when you hit a building you fall through it. If you hit your chute at the last second you still live.....

all sorts of strange stuff. I bought it as a two for one deal with simcity

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Well I might as well throw in my pick. Thankfully I've forgotten the name of the game so I may never find it again, but it was one of the first PC multimedia titles (MMC1 compliant! ooooohh) that starred Kirk Cameron in the title role. Bad acting does not make a multimedia title!

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

<<

<< Operation: Flashpoint (blech!)

It had soooooo much promise, but they really dropped the ball with that one. I can't believe how many people enjoy playing that bomb.
>>

That game sucks? I'm in the process *cough* of getting that game as we speak, It looked pretty decent.
>>

I love this game, up untill the point where you have to control large groups of guys and vehicals. They didn't impliment this too well. But untill then it is a blast.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Any game made by THQ for the SNES. Two that come to mind are Home Alone and Pit Fighter 2. Man they sucked.

Masas

Feb 11, 2001
rocketeer for snes
independence day for psx
...basically
MOST movie - game translations
just like the other way around, IT DOESN'T WORK PPL!
:|

maxoi1

Sep 17, 2001
Nothing can be as bad as Battlecruiser 3000.
The concept was quite cool but it had so many bugs that the developers actually
gave up trying to pach it 2 years AFTER the release of the game.
And yes I did actually buy it :disgust:

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001

<<

<< i would have to say "A boy and his blob: trouble on blobonia" for the NES

theres no point to the game! argh!
>>

Was that the game where you had a bunch of jelly beans? I think I got stuck in the sewer or something and gave up on the game. It pissed me off so much. :|
>>

yeah! the same thing would happen to me too...
if anyone wants to buy this piece of history, i have it!

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com
Was batman forever on Snes the one that also had a acrade fight mode? Man... that game was awesome! The clown and those bubbles! Wee!!!!!

As for worst game I usually only play the recommended games, but the worst that I've recentley played would have to be some Racing game for N64, it was really old, had like 5 tracks and 5 cars :(

randadore

Jan 4, 2001
karate champ for nintendo. actually, most games made by data east for the NES. they lacked... quality.

maybe some other ideas for polls.

hardest game ever: ghosts & goblins for NES

arcade game i wasted the most quarters on: street fighter 2

favorite old skool game: 720

game i was the best at: none, i suck.

:p

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Daikanta... -sniff- my poor CD-R... i was so mad at the crashiness of the game i broke the CD in half :p

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
worst game ever, IMHO: Shamus on the Atari 800. That game sucked balls, even back then.