Tim Apple and the Silent Cook. lol.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Remember don't believe what you are seeing. ONLY what he tells you. You can't trust the lying fake news. Only Trump!

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I watched it with great ideological cult worship and could distinctly hear Tim Cook, but I have no idea what that Tim Apple part is all about? Who is being accused of saying that?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
This dolt cannot even admit to a flub. He has to tell two lies.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...aims-he-called-tim-cook-tim-apple/3128766002/

1) Axios reported that, during a Florida fundraiser over the weekend, Trump claimed he did say "Tim Cook Apple" really fast, but the "Cook" part was said softly – the video indicates otherwise.
2) after formally introducing Tim Cook of Apple, I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words.

What a maroon.

It's really quite pathetic.

It's only even a thing because everyone knew he was incapable of admitting he even fucked that up.

Anyone else it would be at best an amusing slip of the tongue. Only Trump and his arrogance turn it into a scandal

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I wonder if writing about politics has become like the homicide desk at a lot of papers, with reporters slowly losing their minds, slumping into a deep depression and drug/alcohol fueled despair until one day they decide they cannot take anymore, drink a bunch of spray on tan right from the bottle and end it all.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
A reasonably well adjusted person would have not have seen the need to lie about this. He should instead have cracked one or two self-deprecating jokes about it. But that's not how a narcissist thinks.

He's blown several opportunities. He could have had fun with the whole "covfefe" thing. But instead he just sulked about it on his pity pot.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Well, he is up to around 9,000+ lies now. He has to keep up the pace to be the biglyest liar-in-chief in history.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Well, he is up to around 9,000+ lies now. He has to keep up the pace to be the biglyest liar-in-chief in history.

Nah, he's already got that crown, hopefully for all time, by a wide margin. If he carries on, he's like an aging sports star who hangs on for a few more decrepit seasons just to pad those stats as much as possible.

Me personally, I think he's shooting for Liar King of the Universe. It's way cooler than that cheesy peace prize. With Trump as a role model, soon enough, all the cool kids will be trying for it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Why tell the truth when multiple different, yet conflicting, lies won’t do?

A friend of Trump’s once said that Trump would lie to you about what day it was just for the practice.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump is a very kind man. He offers a Presidency where no other American could ever feel he or she couldn't do a better job. The most inferior among us thank him deeply for that and offer out love.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I have been saying for a while now that trump will lie even if the truth would suite him better, he just like a 5yo caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why tell the truth when multiple different, yet conflicting, lies won’t do?

A friend of Trump’s once said that Trump would lie to you about what day it was just for the practice.
This is why I really hope he has to take the stand in court and answer questions under oath one day.
It would be hilarious watching him try not to lie outrageously as the prosecution baits him.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He thinks all CEOs name their companies after themselves like he does.

Bill Microsoft, Mark Facebook, Jeff Amazon and John Papajohn's could not be reached for comment...

It's not even the first time he's made this particular flub - last year he referred to Lockheed Martin's CEO as "Marilyn Lockheed"

It's possible he does this because his handlers prep him before the meetings because he cannot handle too much information. Thus, probably cheat-sheets:

Tim - Apple.
Marilyn - Lockheed.

And thus you end up with Tim Apple and Marilyn Lockheed falling from his lying sweaty lips.

That's really just speculation, because Occam's Razor tells me it's just that the man is a complete idiot.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
While that video was amusing, it would have been even better if he mentioned how Trump doubled down on stupid and then came out and said WHY he said "Tim Apple" after he said he said "Tim Cook Apple".

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yet another time where Great Lord Emperor Grand Orange Chungus III could actually take a chance to prove he is a human and roll with the flub. None of us are perfect. Embrace your humanity and laugh about it. But NOOOOOPE. Gotta be perfect. Can't error. Can't look bad. It didn't happen. Fake news.

God damn. Pass the covfefe.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
While that video was amusing, it would have been even better if he mentioned how Trump doubled down on stupid and then came out and said WHY he said "Tim Apple" after he said he said "Tim Cook Apple".
He needed to save the time so he could apply it to give more 2 Hour+ speeches, so little time, so many words to say.