Tillerson put up for Secretary of State to help Russia, Putin and Exxon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
What it really means Russia/Exxon will get to use the oil lease rights they bough from Russia in 2011 and the sanctions were slapped on after only 1 well built. All they need is more instability in the world to get the prices up and there it goes. Russia can take care of that.
If the oil prices go up idled oil wells will become profitible and they will begin pumping again. Requiring oil field workers and services. Great for all those people that lost jobs when oil prices dropped.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Well duh. Rubio well realizes that voting the other way this time would have effectively meant the end of his political career.

Seems the same fear of dissent could be said of just about conservative incl yourself or londo, they're pretty much interchangeable.

Reactions: ivwshane

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The stage is being set up with all the right players:

Trump, Tillerson, Mnuchin, Mad Dog, etc. These guys are here to spread further hatred among people and bring this world down even further.

Guess who was among the first to talk to Trump? His best friend, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Let me give you some of Trump's quotes about Israel:

• “President Obama may be the worst thing to ever happen to Israel”
  • “The UN is not a friend of democracy, it’s not a friend to freedom, it’s not a friend even to the United States… and it surely is not a friend to Israel… I will veto any attempt by the UN to impose its will on the Jewish state”
  • “You’re not gonna support me even though you know I’m the best thing that could ever happen to Israel...”
  • "I speak to you today as a lifelong supporter and true friend of Israel"
  • "I'm very pro-Israel. In fact, I was the head of the Israeli Day Parade a number of years ago, I did a commercial for [Benjamin] Netanyahu when he was getting elected, he asked me to do a commercial for him, I did a commercial for him."

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
So is Trump going to issue an Executive Order that prevent oil wells in the US from going back online when oil prices make them profitable again?

Seems the loyalists are ready with the new spin of why high __oil__ prices are awesome. (fill in the blank)

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Seems the loyalists are ready with the new spin of why high __oil__ prices are awesome. (fill in the blank)
I never complained about oil prices during the Obama administration. The low oil prices resulted in oil well being idled and thousands lost their jobs. Many in the Houston area. I know people who were making $150k to $250k a year that are lucky if they make $80k a year now working the same hours as they did before. Oil prices are being kept in check now due to the level of oil supplies in the US, this oil is from wells that are viable and operated at the current price. If the price goes up $10 to $15 a barrel more idled oil wells will go into operation and will require hands to operate them and oil field service personnel for maintenance/repair.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I never complained about oil prices during the Obama administration. The low oil prices resulted in oil well being idled and thousands lost their jobs. Many in the Houston area. I know people who were making $150k to $250k a year that are lucky if they make $80k a year now working the same hours as they did before. Oil prices are being kept in check now due to the level of oil supplies in the US, this oil is from wells that are viable and operated at the current price. If the price goes up $10 to $15 a barrel more idled oil wells will go into operation and will require hands to operate them and oil field service personnel for maintenance/repair.

Just listen to yourself rationalize why everyone, incl the 30k earners, should subsidize the 80k guys to 250k, just because they're your people. Conservative ideology at work.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah we get it, your sort can't stand to see those without college degrees do well.

Some think those making 80k are doing well, those making 30k...not so much.

But, hey, don't stop playing the victim, it's been working for you so far.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Some think those making 80k are doing well, those making 30k...not so much.

But, hey, don't stop playing the victim, it's been working for you so far.
I'm not affected that much by oil price changes, only gas prices when I fill up my vehicle, when I'm at work I use a company truck and use a company credit card to pay for the gas. I work in the chemical field now which is quite strong. We have many new projects starting up this year.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm not affected that much by oil price changes, only gas prices when I fill up my vehicle, when I'm at work I use a company truck and use a company credit card to pay for the gas. I work in the chemical field now which is quite strong. We have many new projects starting up this year.

Good for you! I'm not sure what that has to do with my post or the post I responded to but ok.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003

Increased gas prices affect the cost of many goods, though (really, anything that is shipped any distance or contains petroleum inputs). It's not just what you pay at the pump.

I understand where you're coming from, a lot of my closest friends were working in the pipeline surveying field and have either had their hours severely reduced or were laid off. But, to a certain extent, that's the breaks when you choose to work in such a volatile industry (no pun intended).

I had the opportunity to go work with them when they were making the good money, but instead I choose to go back to school so I could get educated in a much more stable profession.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Yeah we get it, your sort can't stand to see those without college degrees do well.

Pretty sure the decision whether to give them a (250-80)k handout isn't predicated on their educational attainment. But I suspect a lack of viable alternate career path has something do with their predicament.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Oh that's right gas isn't made from oil.

Oh that's right the public doesn't get raped by oil stock speculation which raises gas prices even before the higher priced oil hits the refineries.

Oh that's right there are no other ancillary goods and services effected by a rise in gas prices.

Thanks for informing us.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
And now it begins...

Tillerson sworn in as SOS
US rattling the cage of Iran. Put them on "notice". Sowing the seeds for serious action in Middle East.
Trump has already threatened to go into Iraq and take their oil forgetting we are fighting with the Iraqis against ISIS.

They still have to get the sanctions lifted. That will happen soon.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
LOL @ an oil CEO as Secretary of State

LOL @ a billionaire lady as Education Secratary

LOL @ Goldman Sachs executive as Treasury Secretary

What a joke this world is. And the average sheep keep supporting wars that further enrich these tyrannical people that rule over us.

Last edited: