TigerDirect cashback on Bing.com now up to 12.5%

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
8/13 EDIT: It's now 12.5%

I noticed that the Bing.com cashback for TigerDirect.com just jumped to 12.1%. To get this percentage, you need to go to Bing Shopping and search for "Tiger Direct." On the right hand of the page you should see a TigerDirect advertisement touting the 12.1%. (If you don't see the advertisement, you may need to disable your ad-blocker, or log into Bing.com).

Note that if you simply go to Bing.com and search through the "cashback stores" for TigerDirect, you will only get 5% cashback. The only way to get 12.1% is to get the TigerDirect advertisement to come up.

Cardio

Jun 11, 2003
Thanks it worked like a champ. Also, after a questionable reputation for years Tiger Direct has been vey good for some time. I have ordered a dozen or more times lately and they have been fast to ship with no problems at all. YMMV but excellent for me. Thanks Adam for the post.

mscdex0

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2003
I don't think the problem with TigerDirect was with their shipping or anything as much as it was getting the money from their rebates.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I've been very pleased with TigerDirect recently. My main gripe is that I now live in NC, where TigerDirect has B&M stores, so I have to pay sales tax on web orders. This kills many a hot TigerDirect deal for me. The upside is that the B&M stores are rather incredible - a better "geek" selection than any retail chain I've been to.

cmv

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think the rebate issues are in the past. A lot of people won't forgive them but I've had good luck with them in the past 3-4 years with a couple of rebates. I've read much the same in other threads that come up about them so it looks like they have changed for the better.

I do understand why some people will never forgive them though. Their reputation was permanently tarnished by past poor practices.

joutlaw

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2008
I haven't shopped from TD in a while.

I went to the site to buy the magicjack and they want 6.95 for shipping something that weighs .01lbs.

I'll just go to walmart and get it.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
I too have had a number of good experiences w/ TD in the past year or two. They were on my avoid list for awhile, but I'm ok with them now. Plus, even with their free shipping, I almost always get my orders the next day.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I ordered a monitor and a video card when the Bing CB was 15%. TD surprised me by shipping a backordered item to my door in 2 days from IL.

TD has been quite good for me in the past year.

Morro

Jan 22, 2006
I got MSI 4870 1GB (R4870-MD1G) for $152 shipped - $20 rebate - $18 cash back, no tax in California = $114, not bad at all. The rebate is not mentioned in TD but you can get the form from newegg.
It is not retailer specific so I hope it will work.

foohbah

Feb 25, 2004
looks like it's gone - now down to 5% - the 12% link seems to not be appearing for me now..

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
it's still appearing for me. I have the adblock Firefox plugin installed, and I noticed that the Bing shopping advertisements don't appear if I have it enabled (I ended up creating an "exception" in adblock so that I wouldn't have to manually disable it whenever I go to Bing). If that doesn't work for you, you might also try signing in to Bing before running the search.

richierich1212

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2002
Yeah it shows up for me, I have to sign into my cashback account first. Then I searched for "tigerdirect LCD"

foohbah

Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Adam8281
it's still appearing for me. I have the adblock Firefox plugin installed, and I noticed that the Bing shopping advertisements don't appear if I have it enabled (I ended up creating an "exception" in adblock so that I wouldn't have to manually disable it whenever I go to Bing). If that doesn't work for you, you might also try signing in to Bing before running the search.

Yep, that was it - thanks Adams8281 - it was adblock stopping the delicious 12% link from showing. Now to try my luck with TD - haven't used them for years but it sounds like they've cleaned up their act somewhat...

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: FuzzyWuzzyDan
Why must shipping be so much... i want a nice 32" tv/monitor for my computer...

Some items have $1.99 shipping, at least that's how much I paid for my monitor/hdtv.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
I don't know if this is still happening, but just to give a heads up... a while ago when the tigerdirect cashback was really high, several posters at fatwallet were claiming you'd get higher prices if you clicked through bing vs not. I didn't check if I could duplicate the problem.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I've been on insane shopping/price comparison mode for the past week as I've searched for a monitor. As I've scoured TigerDirect with and without Bing, I haven't seen any price disparity.

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
I use Opera and don't see any side ads.
I don't receive any notice of blocked pop ups.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
They're not pop-up ads. They're just normal ads on right side of the page, like ads on Google. I imagine Opera is blocking them; if not, try logging in to your Bing cashback account and then search.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
weirdness then, I don't know why it's not working. I just checked again right now and I'm still getting the ad

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
It worked for me. Thanks OP. I logged into my cashback account, then searched for "tiger direct" and got the ad for 12.1%. Pretty nice that it calculates the cashback on every product page and during checkout.

I purchased a Seagate 1TB 7200.12 drive. I must be a glutton for punishment since I've already had failed Seagate 7200.11 drives and I already know that Tiger Direct will completely botch the proper packaging/protecting of the hard drive for shipping.

I also purchased a BFG GTX 285 OC. Around $43+ cashback (including credit card 1%) and a $20 MIR. Pretty telling when I'm buying my card retail instead of using my employee discount, eh? ;) I considered the GTX 275 but for whatever reason I really like the GTX 285 (original P891 version). Eh, only $85 more. The best deals are on cards with rebate.