Tiberium Canceled by EA for not meeting QUALITY standards?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Anubis
wow, i was kinda looking forward to that :/

o well EA sucks

haha, EA can't win no matter what they do.

They can collapse under the weight of their own shit and their executives can commit seppuku.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: skace
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Blizzard has pulled the plug on projects that were poorly conceived and would have likely been trash, after delaying them multiple times too. StarCraft Ghost, for example.

Yes but they gave it A LOT of attempts, with different developers even. And I don't recall them firing anyone as a warning that quality must improve.

Where are you getting the idea that it must be a warning to the employees?

udneekgnim

Jun 27, 2008
Originally posted by: thecrecarc
Following word in July that EA's Command & Conquer-based squad shooter, Tiberium was getting shifted back to 2010, comes word that the game has been officially killed and some staff let go, the publisher confirmed with Kotaku today.

More interesting is the fact that Verdu calls for this decision to serve as a warning for future projects.

"The quality bar has been raised. Now we need to step up our focus on great design and execution, catching any problems early and correcting them quickly."

That's interesting, EA canceling a game for quality issues instead of releasing a buggy unpolished game for a quick buck. It seems EA is somewhat trying to turn over a new leaf?

it probably went overbudget

so too costly = bad quality to EA which makes sense to me