TI4200 texture problems

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
i just got a Gainward PP4 Ultra/650 64mb ram, and am having some weird texure trouble. Its in all the games ive tried, and it only happens in 16bit color; goes away in 32bit.

these lines also appear on pictures on walls, and basically any objects that are far away except the ground and walls. this happens on user made maps, and original maps. i never had this trouble when i had my gf3 ti 200 64mb. again, this only happens in 16bit color, not 32bit.

ive tried everything short of a total format and install. i removed my old card in device manager, have removed all drivers in safe mode using det. destroyer. have tried 6+ different drivers. played with all settings in the bios, and desktop. udated all drivers. everything except re-format, flashing my mobo bios, and flashing the vid card bios. im using winME (yes i know) but i never had this trouble before. i have tried this card in my friends machine with winXP and still have the same problems.

anyone ever seen this before and have any idea how to fix it? any help, ideas, and suggestions would be appreciated.

my specs:

1.33 Tbird
Shuttle ak31a 3.1
384meg ddr ram
winME

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

Ogo

Sep 8, 2000
This is due to the 16-bit Z-buffer that your card uses in 16-bit, it's simply the Z-buffer not being accurate enough (24-32bit) to represent the hidden surfaces correctly. I don't know of any fixes for that type of thing :/
Just run your games in 32-bit color, with a card like yours I doubt the speed penalty would be noticeable.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Ogo
This is due to the 16-bit Z-buffer that your card uses in 16-bit, it's simply the Z-buffer not being accurate enough (24-32bit) to represent the hidden surfaces correctly. I don't know of any fixes for that type of thing :/
Just run your games in 32-bit color, with a card like yours I doubt the speed penalty would be noticeable.

Yeah. Plus, what the heck are you doing running a Ti4200 in 16-bit colour mode? If you really want 16-bit, a GF3 Ti will go up to 1600X1200 playable in most games!

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
and it only happens in 16bit color; goes away in 32bit.
Always run all your games in 32 bit colour. 16 bit mode is ugly (as you've seen) and stops some LMA features on GF3/GF4 boards from functioning.