• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

TI-86 Help

f1br0pt1kl

Mar 28, 2000
Ok, I need to pull out my TI-86, cause we are doing "The Mole" in Chemistry. My Explorer Plus doesn't cut it.

However, it hasn't been powered in years, and I want to get normal values reset, cause it has this weird funny background. It was fine when I used it awhile back though.

Any ideas?

Oct 19, 2000
Haven't never used one, but is there a reset button on the back somewhere, you know, like the ones you have to have a pin or something to push in??

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
on my TI-89 there's a complete reset in one of the menu's.....I'd check the manual

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
no, unless you take out the RAM battery, which could be hidden, depending on the model.

OutlawWolf

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2001
If you want to reset to default. Do this:

[2nd][3]
[F3] to Reset
[F1] to Reset All
[F4] to Confirm

That's it.

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
If that doesn't work you can also do a hardware reset, which is what TI Tech Support told me to do after I spilled on mine.:eek:

Take all of the batteries out, including the backup, and push the [ON] button 10 times. Then replace all the batteries and turn it on.

I'm not exactly sure how this works with no power (tiny built in battery, perhaps?), though. I just took his word for it.:)

ASK THE COMMUNITY