Thumbscrews

goob2k

Aug 12, 2001
I just got an Antec SX830 and am in need of some thumbscrews. Do places like Home Depot/Lowes/any hardware store have them?

mboy

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2001
Funny you post this, I was searching for them today. I found some at CompUSA. They had the Antec ones that were like $5 for a half dozen or so. Being the cheapo that I am, I went for the Curtis ones that had them in black metal and clear plastic in the same pack (about 4-5 of each) for $3. The antec ones were a bit bigger, but the Curtis ones serve my purpose just fine.

goob2k

Aug 12, 2001
Looks like I might have to break down and go to CompUSA. I'm surprised they actually have something worth buying.

Dan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I get my brass thumbscrews at the local computer show that's held once a month. One place you can get them online: 2CoolTek.

mboy

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2001
Yeah I was really suprised too. I bought that and a magazine, everything else is basically worthless. (altho good place to go and see things in person before u get them cheaper elsewhere). I went cause it is 5mn from my house. For $3-5 and not have to pay shipping, it's worth it.