Three Leaf Clover

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
How in the hell are you supposed to do this mission!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's so goddamn long and difficult and if you die in the middle, you have to start over. I've started over 4 times already and died. WTF!?!?!?!?!?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
can a mod move to PC gaming? i thought i was in PC gaming when I posted this.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
I didnt have any problem with it. I always kept full ish health. Just make sure you have alot of m16 ammo and use grenades. You get like 250,000 for completing the mission.

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
Umm...it took me about 10 tries, but that was only because the game crashed towards the end pretty much every time due to the length (I get RESC10 errors after ~20 minutes of gameplay). I only actually failed the mission once - I don't think it's really very hard. Just get some body armor and you should be good to go really. Aim for the head, and use cover wisely.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Cheesetogo
Umm...it took me about 10 tries, but that was only because the game crashed towards the end pretty much every time due to the length (I get RESC10 errors after ~20 minutes of gameplay). I only actually failed the mission once - I don't think it's really very hard. Just get some body armor and you should be good to go really. Aim for the head, and use cover wisely.

yeah, the out of video memory thing made me start of once or twice also.

MoPHo

Platinum Member
Dec 16, 2003
It's tough. took me about 45 minutes to beat. Just stay near the walls so there's only one direction fire can come from and avoid cars cause they esplode.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
That mission was THE SHIT, wish they allowed peopel to repeat missions. The only hard part I encountered was getting out of the subway onto street level. I realized that you just gotta bust ass from teh subway to streetlevel and not waste time allowing the cops to gather together. What I did was just steal a SWAT truck and plow through everything while I was driving away. Worked out pretty well. I cant remember how I evaded teh police, it might have been that the mission ended and all my stars went away or I found a crack between teh police chasing me and the police in the road block ahead. Cant remember

MoPHo

Platinum Member
Dec 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Mo0o
That mission was THE SHIT, wish they allowed peopel to repeat missions. The only hard part I encountered was getting out of the subway onto street level. I realized that you just gotta bust ass from teh subway to streetlevel and not waste time allowing the couples to gather together. What I did was just steal a SWAT truck and plow through everything while I was driving away. Worked out pretty well. I cant remember how I evaded teh police, it might have been that the mission ended and all my stars went away or I found a crack between teh police chasing me and the police in the road block ahead. Cant remember

Now that you mention it, getting out of the subway was a HUGE pain in the ass.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MoPHo
Originally posted by: Mo0o
That mission was THE SHIT, wish they allowed peopel to repeat missions. The only hard part I encountered was getting out of the subway onto street level. I realized that you just gotta bust ass from teh subway to streetlevel and not waste time allowing the couples to gather together. What I did was just steal a SWAT truck and plow through everything while I was driving away. Worked out pretty well. I cant remember how I evaded teh police, it might have been that the mission ended and all my stars went away or I found a crack between teh police chasing me and the police in the road block ahead. Cant remember

Now that you mention it, getting out of the subway was a HUGE pain in the ass.
hmm not sure why i typed "couples". I meant cops. If you just kind of stand on the stairs for a little bit, too many cops come and basically make it impossible to get out.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
- There are health packs scattered around the bank as you're escaping.
- Get lots of ammo for the assault rifle.
- Use the AR's zoom and get headshots. It's actually very easy on console with auto-aim. Not sure how the aiming works in the PC version.
- I'm not sure if there are points when you have to stay put and other points where you should move. You should learn these if you're repeating the mission a lot.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
I had to do this mission for my mom because she got stuck there too. Do you have any children you can ask to do it for you?

edit: I just called her and she said she made it through on her own on a second play-through. Her advice was to not stand around trying to kill everyone. Keep moving (when you can)

edit again just to emphasize that my mom can do this mission. What's your excuse again?

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
use grenades, use the built in ducking behind stuff feature, put yourself in positions where you can't get hit from behind. it's not too bad.

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
I had to do this mission for my mom because she got stuck there too. Do you have any children you can ask to do it for you?

edit: I just called her and she said she made it through on her own on a second play-through. Her advice was to not stand around trying to kill everyone. Keep moving (when you can)

edit again just to emphasize that my mom can do this mission. What's your excuse again?

How old is your mom?

rumpleforeskin

Nov 3, 2008
headshots
keep to the walls
progress slow till you get to the subway to conserve health and armour
from the subway onwards push hard as i think the cops will just keep coming.
use the cover button and go grenade crazy when under heavy fire, throwing grenades from cover lets you inflict massive destruction from relative safety

i found the best way to get out the subway gate was dash out then back in, lure the cops back round the 1st corner and be waiting with your SMG and headshot them all as they charge round the corner. then make a break for freedom.

once your in a car it should be easy.

this mission is probably the highlight of the game, it was certainly the most enjoyable for me

Oct 25, 2006
The problem with this mission wasn't really the difficulty itself. I died about 5 times, but I really just had to get used to it. The problem was that ****ing drive to the mission that wasted amazing amounts of time. If they just had a checkpoint at the beginning, the mission would have been no where near as frustrating

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
that mission wasn't too hard

the last mission that focused on revenge pissed the hell out of me though

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i tried it one more time and finished it. actually lost the cops and my wanted level pretty soon after getting in the car which made the trip back home pretty leisurely. the time before this i had to bust through like 3 roadblocks and i still didn't make it.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
People keep saying that they had a hard time with this mission. I beat if my first time through, killing every cop along the way. My biggest concern was getting the bag of money shot.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
be aggressive , but not stupid, avoid shots when you can but mainly just get headshots on the cops ..another way to do it is to blow up their cars quickly