Three corrupt pigs go down hard.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Not sure why tackling a motorcycle rider after a high speed chase is deserving of punishment. Making false statements would be.

Edit: PS nice sensationlism in the post title.

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Not many details in that link. It does seem to me that if I chased a guy on a motorcycle and then he stopped but stayed on the bike I would want to get him off it as quick as possible after leaving my car. I'd want to see the tape and hear more details before passing judgement.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
This is good news. However, more and more police brutatlity goes on every single day. A friend of mine was beaten up because he was arguing with his girlfriend over the phone. They told him they wanted to teach him a lesson. They handcuffed his hands behind his back and beat him senseless. One of the officers hit him so hard with his baton that they made a hole in his blatter. He was coughing and pissing blood. He also could have died if all the blood went throughout his body. He now has a huge scar from the surgery he went through to fix that hole.

And guess what? Nothing will happen to those cops who beat my friend down for no reason.

After they beat him down they called an ambulance and told the ambulance to take him to the hospital. How's that one?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
This is good news. However, more and more police brutatlity goes on every single day. A friend of mine was beaten up because he was arguing with his girlfriend over the phone. They told him they wanted to teach him a lesson. They handcuffed his hands behind his back and beat him senseless. One of the officers hit him so hard with his baton that they made a hole in his blatter. He was coughing and pissing blood. He also could have died if all the blood went throughout his body. He now has a huge scar from the surgery he went through to fix that hole.

And guess what? Nothing will happen to those cops who beat my friend down for no reason.

After they beat him down they called an ambulance and told the ambulance to take him to the hospital. How's that one?

Another day one the job?

M4tth3wV

Oct 21, 2001
Can we really expect much out of guys carrying guns and getting paid $9 an hour? :(

Obvious to me how that's a bad combination.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Forty years ago this result wouldn't have happened. The cops would have told everyone what they did and no one would have cared. Times have changed a lot. Even in Texas! (Now that's even harder to believe.)

The problem with cops doing this is they get to decide who to beat up or 'OFF'. We might not mind them strangling the guy who killed Carly Bruscia (though that strikes me as too good for that scumbag), but we don't want them doing it because the next time they might strangle an innocent man.

My dad was a cop, and it isn't an easy job, dudes. Just don't diss the man and you'll be fine. Oh, don't break the law either and you'll be fine for sure. :)

-Robert

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: M4tth3wV
Can we really expect much out of guys carrying guns and getting paid $9 an hour? :(

Obvious to me how that's a bad combination.

I think you need to research salaries before quoting something like that.

BugsBunny1078

Banned
Jan 11, 2004
There are plenty of police departments that will just kill you if you run.
I have seen it happen in the news in florida over and over that the police shot people dead who tried to run.
Tackling he deserved the guy on the bike but not a punch in the face. He did not get cut on his eye from being tackled with a motorcycle helmet on! Also police officers lie on arrest reports to the court to make their case look solid.If there is a small detail that will make the arrest look good that is missing they will add it in.I know this from first hand experience with one corrupt police force.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Forty years ago this result wouldn't have happened. The cops would have told everyone what they did and no one would have cared. Times have changed a lot. Even in Texas! (Now that's even harder to believe.)

The problem with cops doing this is they get to decide who to beat up or 'OFF'. We might not mind them strangling the guy who killed Carly Bruscia (though that strikes me as too good for that scumbag), but we don't want them doing it because the next time they might strangle an innocent man.

My dad was a cop, and it isn't an easy job, dudes. Just don't diss the man and you'll be fine. Oh, don't break the law either and you'll be fine for sure. :)

-Robert
The Austin American Statesman recently published an investigative series about how APD used force against African Americans and Hispanics at significantly higher rates than they did against whites during the past six years. Interesting read. Among the findings:

"Whites were met with police force 3.7 of every 1,000 times they came into contact with police. The rate for Hispanics was 4.6 of 1,000 contacts and for blacks, 7.4 of every 1,000 contacts.

? Blacks were more likely than whites to meet force in the area west of I-35, even though rates of force west of the highway are lower overall.

? Whites in Austin were involved in 22 violent crimes for every 1,000 reported crimes, compared with 31 for Hispanics and 31 for blacks, according to records of police calls.

? Downtown ? the most likely place for anyone, regardless of race, to become involved in a violent encounter with police ? officers used force against one of about every 14 blacks involved in an incident. That is based on a rate of 72.6 violent encounters for every 1,000 blacks involved in an incident. For whites, the rate was 34.6 per 1,000, about one in 29; for Hispanics, 43.7, or about one in 23."

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Burnedout:

If they have a lot of white cops in Austin-probably true-then fear plays a big role in those numbers. Also, the crime rate in black communities is significantly higher than in white communities because of the heavy prevalence of drugs. Ditto for Hispanics. Poverty, drugs and a terrible education system are major causes, but some of the blame must be placed on those in the community who choose violence.

I'm in favor of funding Head Start very early, something Bush opposes. I'm in favor of job preferences for blacks and Hispanics and women to address years of intolerance and bigotry. Bush opposes preferences. I'm in favor WIC, something Bush opposes. But I'm not in favor of people attacking police officers, or anyone else for that matter.

By the way, it isn't just the guys in the ghetto who are dissing the cops. Soccer moms will lash out a stream of profanity at a traffic cop for giving them a ticket and not think twice. One of my neighbors didn't stop at the stop sign right outside our development. (She has the BMW model that came without brakes.) The cops sit there at least once a week to catch all the people who run the stop sign, including her. (she almost hit me one day while I was on my bike) Anyway, I heard her tell my wife how she was screaming at the cop that "he should have better things to do." Well, it's that kind of thing that makes cops lives miserable and leads to the high rates of suicide, alchoholism and spousal abuse they have. The pressure is intense. My father didn't handle it properly. He smoked two packs a day and on his off days was often drunk. The combination killed him at an early age.

As usual, there are at least two sides or more to every story.

By the way, I'm not laughing when people call cops pigs. Not that you would.

-Robert