THQ is now gone :( assets were sold during private auction

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
This sucks, I guess no more UFC Undisputed?
I hope this new company doesn't ruin Metro either..

Metro is actually from what I understand owned by 4A Studios. They just have/had a publishing agreement with THQ.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I think EA snatched UFC up.

I don't know if they got UFC, but they did get the WWF license. They were able to snatch it up like a week before everyone was being auctioned (some clause in the WWF contract with THQ allowed them to leave and not be auctioned I think )

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Glad the vigil staff got a job. Sad to see darksiders go but id rather those guys not be unemployed.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Well, the auction is finally over.

I wonder who got what ?

One thing for sure, the guys that did a kickstarter for Homeworld said they didn't get it...

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Gearbox announced today that they got Homeworld. As much as I've enjoyed some of Gearbox's games, I call a spade a spade. So, I hope you enjoy buggy AI, because the Borderlands series, their flagship games, has some awful AI!

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Gearbox announced today that they got Homeworld. As much as I've enjoyed some of Gearbox's games, I call a spade a spade. So, I hope you enjoy buggy AI, because the Borderlands series, their flagship games, has some awful AI!

Just read about this as well... *think good thoughts* *think good thoughts*
They got a chance...

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/22/darksiders-red-faction-mx-vs-atv-purchased-by-nordic-games

Darksiders and Red Faction were purchased by Nordic Games, which is actually a holding company that also owns JoWood.

Yup and they talked about making sequels to the IP's they picked up which is nice, they aren't just going to milk the games already made. Their library is fair, it will be interesting to see what they do. Could of went to a much much worse company.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
That is a lot of cash for some of these...
The $6.55 million sale of the IP assets breaks down as follows:

$4.9 million from Nordic Games Licensing AB, a Swedish-based video games publisher, for Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs ATV, Other Owned Software (includes Destroy all Humans!, Summoner and more), and Other Licensed Software (includes Marvel Super Hero Squad, Supreme Commander and more);
$1.35 million from Gearbox Software, LLC, a Plano, Tex.-based developer of interactive entertainment, for Homeworld; and
$.3 million from 505 Games Srl, an Italian video game publisher, for Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.

The company expects the Bankruptcy Court to hear the sales motions on May 13, 2013 and to finalize the sale transactions thereafter.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Whatever they put out can't be worse than any of the homeworld games released in the decade since homeworld 2.