Thought I would use the new poll for a personal question....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
Definitely do NOT meet them alone.

The first time I met someone from online was about 8 years ago. Had my hopes up too high and man was I glad I met some other dude at the same time. I didn't know either one, but at least he was normal. I ended up talking to him more than her, because if I looked in her direction I got a bit sick to my stomach. That sounds mean, but I'm being 100% serious.

They say things like "My friends say I'm good looking" really means "I was once on the beach and people kept crying and trying to push me back in the water" or "One time I escaped from the zoo for a few days.."

That was one of the roughest days in my life. The fact I wasn't alone was the ONLY thing that kept me together.

Scared me silly for meeting anyone. Then of course some other girl wanted to meet me and I had the previous picture in my mind. She was damn hot though :) I've met plenty of people and nowadays, not like 8 years ago, most people that use the computer are quite normal. I guess you should, just don't give them your address :)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
djk,

LOL.

ratkill,

<< My God!! She is meeting Russ, but he has wrinkly......um, forget it...... >>

Is there something you would like to tell us?

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No, ratkil, it ain't me. Even if the pic this person posted is actually real, she looks to be about my son's age.

Russ, NCNE

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
A friend of mine met his girlfriend online. They moved to Costa Rica together.

A student at the college here met with a person (we'll call her Sally) he met in a chat room. He drove to Houston to meet her. &quot;Sally&quot; turned out to be a him. Sally shot the guy in the head, took his car and drove the body to San Antonio, dumped the body, then drove back to Houston. Sally pretended to be the guy and kept emailing people saying he was all right etc.

They caught and arrested Sally.

So, please be careful!

edit: I tried to find the link to the article in the school paper but no dice

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< A friend of mine met his girlfriend online. They moved to Costa Rica together. >>

LMAO!!! I don't know why, but that sounds hilarious to me!:)

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I got really close to meeting someone from here. Something came up and we weren't able to meet, but I still hope to someday meet the person. :)

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Anyone with the nerve to call herself &quot;Thunderbooty&quot; could probably meet Richard Speck in a dark alley. Most of the guys on this board are harmless, in the best sense of the word. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. Sheez!

Pack heat if you're worried.

:p

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
how do we know that she's not just makeing all this up to stir up the board a bit?

I wouldn't put anything past anybody...