Thought I would use the new poll for a personal question....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HoopDogg

Banned
May 30, 2000
Mmmmmmmmmm....... meat.............

Oh, we're talking about meeting people aren't we?

Hook up's are cool, though I doubt there are any people in the forums other than me and Kami from the Kitchener area!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Thunderbooty: Let's just say they are people I have been talking with for a while now, and really feel they are good people. :)

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Rule 11: For every tear that comes out of her eyes, I break one of your bones.

Thunderbooty: I would advise you not to do it. You sound like a nice person; internet based romances are a really scary way to meet people. I find it hard to believe (based on your picture) that you would have to resort to meeting someone from the internet to date. Unless, of course, those pictures are about 5 years and a a hundred pounds old...

Not saying that they are, but have heard enough similar stories.

Thunderbooty

Banned
Sep 15, 2000
I'm Typing,

I have already stated this isnt about romance, just to meet. But thanks for the "advice."

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Meet me instead now has its fourth vote but you should have known I would choose that. ;) If you decide not to meet with me though go with the majority of the votes and take a friend.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
I just painted a very large mural on my office wall with the names of all the male members..hehe..male members and I threw a dart (gads, now I have a horrid visual) anyway, it landed on Cwand.

What do I win?:)

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thunderbooty: If you think that the guy wants to meet you for "non-romantic" reasons, you are delusional. If he is gay, I might accept that. The problem is, most men are dogs. Some are puppies (pussies) but they are still dogs. Do not fool yourself when it comes to this...the guy WILL jump your bones the second you give him the "go signal."

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I´v only once met a person I got to know on the internet, it was allright, she was a former model but I dont think you can find anyone like that here on anandtech :)

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Imtyping has a point, if not much tact. Not so much the subtly put, "jump your bones" , but the part about it being hard to believe a guy wouldn't be interested in something more than a platonic relationship. Unless he is gay or a saint.

To whomever the guy is: Sorry, you may be the exception to this unfortunate rule.

btw-I can't believe Dfloss hasn't piped in with his two cents..holy crap! say it ain't so....Can't be, Dfloss is like in Canada or something...e-Gads..

I guess I have a thing about mysteries. You guys shoulda seen me a coupla years ago when we were trying to figure out Rubicon's age...I was a complete mess.hehe :)

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000

<< There are a couple of people I would love to meet in person from here, if they are as cool as they seem. >>

Yes I am.

Rule #11 is a good one.

Rule #12 There is nothing you can say or do to change Rules 1 through 11, so shut up and die like a man.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If he's a gentleman, he'll go out of his way to come down and meet you instead of vice versa;)

-GL

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry...just a lame attempt for him to come out and defend himself...and reveal his identity. I'm sorry he had you defend him j/k;) - attempt #2 to get him angry enough to post:)

-GL

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Okay, Okay, I will go with you to make sure he doesn't try anything. We can meet the wimpy little girly man for lunch then dump the geek and go party..........

attempt #3 gl ;)

snoogans

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
Ok, ThunderB, I'm gonna help you out here:

Only meet with the guy if he likes Donnie, Walter, and Jeffery
If he does, but he can't quote a minimum of 5 lines, then there may be hope but be cautious.

;)

Melchtry
Draft

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
<<sigh...you boys seem to think he is insecure in his manhood
He is anything but. >> My God!! She is meeting Russ, but he has wrinkly......um, forget it...... ;)

djk

Aug 22, 2000
dont bring a friend, they always end up running when something goes down. just bring a shotgun.

Santa

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Well since you are obviously new at this I would definatly get a picture before hand so your not too surprised and forget to think while looking at his mole shifting around his head the whole time. Another thing is meeting in person brings a whole new angle to friendship. Lets just hope it doesn't turn into a fatal attraction thing. Being as cute as you are your probably going to get hit on and perhaps the guy wants to see if he can make the relationship more than it is online.

Just don't leave any loose ends and make sure everyone knows how each other is feeling and no feelings will be hurt.

Would be a shame to have some jerk ruin the BBS or Online chatting experience for you or anyone you might come in contact with.