Those windshield replacement companies

DonIsHere

Aug 3, 2000
So I have a 30-35 inch crack on my windshield. It's my first cracked windshield so I don't know how this all works...

My insurance deductible for this is $100.

But, I see these commercials from windshield companies on TV and ads in the yellow pages about how some windshield companies can pay for your deductible, making them free for me.

Are these companies legit or do they use cheap quality glass or what's the deal?

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
I have replaced windshields on three different cars, and have never used my insurance deductible.

I shop around and get quotes for retail price versus insurance deals, and its always been better to pay for it without filing a claim. Your mileage may vary, but I've been insured with State Farm for many years and they still put you through the wringer with any claim.

L

Lola

Yes, most of the glass companies i will refer customers to will waive the ded. because they are in such fierce competition with other glass shops.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Just be careful when shopping for windshields...as much as they deny it, there ARE different grades of glass. Some are softer and scratch/pit easier than others. A LOW price may mean low quality.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Hmm. Never had it. Part of my insurance is full coverage on windshield replacements. No deductible.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
you wanna goto a place that uses factory OEM windshield moulding, not some generic moulding.