Thomas Barrack, Trump Fund-Raiser, Is Indicted on Lobbying Charge

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013

"WASHINGTON — Thomas J. Barrack Jr., a close friend of former President Donald J. Trump’s and one of his top 2016 campaign fund-raisers, was arrested in California on Tuesday on federal charges of failing to register as a foreign lobbyist, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.
A seven-count indictment accused Mr. Barrack, 74, of using his access to Mr. Trump to advance the foreign policy goals of the United Arab Emirates and then repeatedly misleading federal agents about his activities during a June 2019 interview.
Federal prosecutors said Mr. Barrack used his position as an outside adviser to Mr. Trump’s campaign to publicly promote the Emirates’ agenda while soliciting direction, feedback and talking points from senior Emirati officials.
Once Mr. Trump was elected, they said, Mr. Barrack invited senior Emirati officials to give him a “wish list” of foreign policy moves they wanted Washington to take within the first 100 days, first six months, first year and by the end of Mr. Trump’s term, prosecutors said

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’m pretty sure we already have a thread on this.

The mistake is forgivable though as I’m sure it’s hard, nay impossible, to keep track considering how many in the trump admin have been indicted or investigated.

Reactions: cytg111 and Muse

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump administration not only increasing their dominant lead as the most corrupt in history but will lap all other administrations.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trump administration not only increasing their dominant lead as the most corrupt in history but will lap all other administrations.
Trump sold out to a variety of foreign interests willy nilly and illegally. America first, NOT. He couldn't give a shit about America.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

"WASHINGTON — Thomas J. Barrack Jr., a close friend of former President Donald J. Trump’s and one of his top 2016 campaign fund-raisers, was arrested in California on Tuesday on federal charges of failing to register as a foreign lobbyist, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.
A seven-count indictment accused Mr. Barrack, 74, of using his access to Mr. Trump to advance the foreign policy goals of the United Arab Emirates and then repeatedly misleading federal agents about his activities during a June 2019 interview.
Federal prosecutors said Mr. Barrack used his position as an outside adviser to Mr. Trump’s campaign to publicly promote the Emirates’ agenda while soliciting direction, feedback and talking points from senior Emirati officials.
Once Mr. Trump was elected, they said, Mr. Barrack invited senior Emirati officials to give him a “wish list” of foreign policy moves they wanted Washington to take within the first 100 days, first six months, first year and by the end of Mr. Trump’s term, prosecutors said
Swamp recruit #1.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Does that mean he personally put up $25 mil, or are the funding requirements different when you get to that level?

I don't think there is a requirement for that. It is always someone else bailing you out in the first place.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I don't think there is a requirement for that. It is always someone else bailing you out in the first place.
Isn't it still like 10% of the actual bail amount? So 250M bond becomes 25M? Either way it's nothing to scoff at

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No link, but, again I heard on the TV, that he put up $21 mil in some properties and some friends threw in the balance with pocket change.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Isn't it still like 10% of the actual bail amount? So 250M bond becomes 25M? Either way it's nothing to scoff at

No. If you pay a bondsman to get out, he puts up the full amount. Other arrangements include cash or property. Barrack has lots of wealthy friends.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
No link, but, again I heard on the TV, that he put up $21 mil in some properties and some friends threw in the balance with pocket change.
Yeah property collateral works. Buy there is no requirement it's yours.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It's a lobbyist. Your politics are full of them. Too bad you all care only about one side. LOL ... enjoy the clown show.
You're so fucking braindead that you don't understand the difference between legal lobbying and illegal lobbying.

We sure are enjoying the clown show of your posts, champ.

Reactions: iRONic and Burpo