This YouTube Vid

Nov 26, 2005
The other day, we were taking down a dead Elm tree and there was a Maple besides it. We had to use a head in the Maple tree to do some roping on the dead Elm so I climbed up the Maple. There was a squirrels nest blocking my view of what head AKA crotch, was optimal for pulling the dead leads/limbs away from the power lines. I cut some of the regrowth that was holding the nest in place and then grabbed the entire nest and threw it out the tree. It's not uncommon for nests to be empty or abandoned. Usually the animal will flee the nest before we get near it. So in the end. I rigged up a metal crate to restore the nest after we were done.

pic

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
This could be the first step in squirrels learning how to use simple tools. If it progresses we might be powerless to stop them from taking over the world.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Cute. :thumbsup:

Of course, there are some here that would shoot both though just for fun.

Dec 27, 2001
WTF happened to natural selection? Let it stay trapped there in the quad getting fat and lazy eating french fries and cigarette butts like the squirrels at state school.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Did you make the vid? I didn't see your name in the credits (I don't think, anyway). It was very, very cute, though. :) :thumbsup: