This SWEN virus REALLY p*sses me off :(

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
it's the second time i had to delete an email of mine and generate a new one because of some stupid worm. And i have no way to block all that infected messages BEFORE they arrive on my computer.

I got about 100 (or more) infected messages a day. I have all XP security patches, i have NAV running and everything. But it's useless because all that *&^%*!! infected emails arrive at my pop host and i have to download it first (still at a dialup) before my NAV takes any action.

The other question is how it comes that so many strangers got ahold of my email adress and why i get all this emails from people i have no clue who they are....i wonder how this new worm works....i am sure that NOT that many people have me in their address books because the latest email i had i used rather careful...

So...i have the problems here because OTHERS did not patch their machines and are infected...that's kinda retarded....

michaelh20

Sep 4, 2000
filter out messages not addressed to you in person and put them in the trash folder via message filters. All of the swen messages are not addressed to you in person and they will all be caught by such a filter.

BillyJoel

Banned
Aug 7, 2003
I have the SWEN worm - I get over 100 of these e-mails each day. I have not downloaded anything, but I would like to stop getting these e-mails - how can I stop them???

The patches and other things made available only clean your system, if you have the virus downloaded. I have not downloaded anything, I would just like to stop getting these e-mails - please help!!!

Thanks,
Dan

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
I got one yesterday.

It said something about my message not being able to be delivered to someone I never really sent any message to.

Norton caught it, repaired me and I deleted it.

SpiderX

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
I'm getting hit with about 5 per hour now. My isp filters them, I also have NAV though. But they are just getting annoying.