This show: Moment Of Truth on Fox

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Dangit, I missed it. I was NOT impressed by the question about leaving her hubby for the x-boyfriend, though.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
She was looking for a way to pull the plug on her marriage, I think it worked :)

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
That show is dumb for 3 big reasons

1) They clearly state that the victim was already asked the questions prior to the show. They're only repeating the questions behind a camera. And the 'victim' already knows the answers

2) They give a dramatic pause for even dumb questions like "Do you think you're more attractive than your sister?".

3) They spoil the show in the previews. A preview should not reveal the toughest (and/or final) question they're going to ask as a teaser! That only shows that the 'victim' will be 100% honest up until that question rolls around.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: tallest1

1) They clearly state that the victim was already asked the questions prior to the show. They're only repeating the questions behind a camera. And the 'victim' already knows the answers

2) They give a dramatic pause for even dumb questions like "Do you think you're more attractive than your sister?".

3) They spoil the show in the previews. A preview should not reveal the toughest (and/or final) question they're going to ask as a teaser! That only shows that the 'victim' will be 100% honest up until that question rolls around.

Co-sign. The show is wiggity wack.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007

I agree with 2&3, but the I've seen two people get the answer wrong and lose all of their money.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
I would never put my marriage/integrity/etc... on the line over a polygraph. Having taken them before, I can say that they are wrong. Alot. If you are nervous in any way (which most people are when taking a poly), you will fail. It really makes me wonder how many people on shows like Mauri were actually telling the truth to some of those questions...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

#4 they squeeze 5 minutes of content into 60 minutes and call it a show

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
they ask the questions, they don't tell them the results til they are out on the show. so they might think they answered truthfully but didn't? i dunno.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
LOL - I love it when that chick (sister?) hits the button, and the crowd boos Maury-style.

CptCrunch

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: SearchMaster
LOL - I love it when that chick (sister?) hits the button, and the crowd boos Maury-style.

lol, I saw/heard that, hilarious. I find it interesting that the husband went up to his wife after everything she had admitted to and was clapping and appeared to be sympathetic, instead of punching her in the face

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: jaredpace
Yet, I cannot stop watching it. They are humiliating this girl.

i could stop watching it after the first 5 minutes, and likely i lasted longer than most people.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
The show is dumb. Polygraphs are inaccurate. The pauses are WAY too long.