This should put Yang in the top 3

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
A data dividend for the rights to our data would most likely cause people to be even more invested in social media and to be even more open with their data than ever before.

This is a policy that would have great consequences and trying to envision those consequences tells me they wouldn’t be good.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
A data dividend for the rights to our data would most likely cause people to be even more invested in social media and to be even more open with their data than ever before.

This is a policy that would have great consequences and trying to envision those consequences tells me they wouldn’t be good.
I guess it depends on the price. I guesstimate that at a level where people think of it as income the sum of it will negate the benefits of "big data", on the other hand of the pay off is too small then "no I will not share this for 2 cents" .. I think the PRIMARY reason for this being a good thing is for people to wake up to PRIVACY in the age of big data and why it matters. Forced education of ppl if you will.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I guess it depends on the price. I guesstimate that at a level where people think of it as income the sum of it will negate the benefits of "big data", on the other hand of the pay off is too small then "no I will not share this for 2 cents" .. I think the PRIMARY reason for this being a good thing is for people to wake up to PRIVACY in the age of big data and why it matters. Forced education of ppl if you will.

Lol I don’t think you realize just how cheap people are.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and cytg111

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Lol I don’t think you realize just how cheap people are.
Yes but that's because they don't know how robbed they felt as children and are afraid it will happen again. But since the feelings are suppressed they can't see that everything they fear has already happened.