This one fire scared the crap outta our family today...

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
My mom noticed a bright light and looked outside thinking the moon was really bright today. She noticed a HUGE fire not too far away. It was a barn house with tons of hay, I don't think there were any animals or people, but that place lit up very fast. We called 911 obviously and reported it.

That wasn't the problem, problem was that at first glance it looked like a home in my neighborhood and to give you an idea of the price, all the homes around that lake are basically $500 or $600k and up, no my home isn't anywhere near that expensive incase you're going to ask. I told my parents it's best we stay ready with clothes on incase firemen need our help but not to take the car out and go by it because it would interfere with them. Anyway, he takes car out and we go around the other side of the lake. On the way, another house looked like it was on fire on the inside as well. My mom was beginning to freak out but when we drove by it, it was only a reflection of the huge fire from the barn. We drove by to where we could see the fire more clearly and that thing was huge and really shocking! :Q

I haven't ever really been in a situation like this...

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: axelfox
pics?

I was thinking of taking the camera, but at the time we were in shock that maybe it was a neighbor or two and I figured grabbing the camera when they could need help would be selfish and a life is more important than pics. I just looked outside to take some pics but it's over now, hay burns pretty fast

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
Hay burns like gasoline. One year (when my dad was still raising horses) we had 200 rolls of hay burn. It was all stacked together, and when one roll caught fire, it was almost instantly engulfed. Within about a minute it was so hot we couldn't get close enough to try to save any of the hay. Cost: about $5,000.

When I say rolls, I mean the 1,000 lb round bales.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
near me a grain elevator conugh fire and exploded, the barn next to it cought fire also ( hay barn) it was so huge we thought a plane had crashed