This is why we can't have nice things

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Obama Waffles Story

It's sad that we deal with crap like this. Where's the G.I. John GoldBond Powder? We don't have it. Why? Because democrats by and large don't stoop to the BS name calling and stereotyping.

But everywhere you look, there's some redneck with a t-shirt of Obama in a turban.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
If you'd like to let the makers of this racist crap know how you feel about their product, one way or the other, you can always email them here.

I'm sure there are more than a handful of people on here who will email them to tell them how great their racist product is.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx
If you'd like to let the makers of this racist crap know how you feel about their product, one way or the other, you can always email them here.

I'm sure there are more than a handful of people on here who will email them to tell them how great their racist product is.

Why not let it be? Free speech is free speech....theres no threats here. The same Amendment protects the majority of crap here just like it does theirs. Leave it be. Remember: theres no such thing as bad advertising. Ignore it, it goes away.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Why not let it be? Free speech is free speech....theres no threats here. The same Amendment protects the majority of crap here just like it does theirs. Leave it be. Remember: theres no such thing as bad advertising. Ignore it, it goes away.

What's the difference between their 'free speach' with their product and letting them know what you think of it? Anyway, simply Emailing them isn't advertising their product.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
How many of us would even know that "Obama Waffles" existed if people completely ignored this foolishness?

Your fear of the "Obama Waffles" will lead to their success.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: bamacre
How many of us would even know that "Obama Waffles" existed if people completely ignored this foolishness?

Exactly, some little mundane thing that no one would have ever heard of gets turned into national news and thus gets more attention because someone else has to yell and scream about it.

I for one want to find a box of Obama Waffles now. Not because I support racism ect, but because it will piss someone off.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Obama Waffles Story

It's sad that we deal with crap like this. Where's the G.I. John GoldBond Powder? We don't have it. Why? Because democrats by and large don't stoop to the BS name calling and stereotyping.

But everywhere you look, there's some redneck with a t-shirt of Obama in a turban.

Perhaps they should do like the Democrats. You know, slash tires, chain themselves together in the street, throw urine on people, start fires........

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: blackangst1

What's the difference between their 'free speach' with their product and letting them know what you think of it?
Anyway, simply Emailing them isn't advertising their product.

Nothing :)

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006

I didn't know of it until I clicked on this thread, then had to read that article.

I also think it's funny everyone screamed racist when they had the shirts of Obama as a monkey with a banana, with Obama 08 on them. Yet they depict GWB as a monkey all the time.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: mooseracing

I didn't know of it until I clicked on this thread, then had to read that article.

I also think it's funny everyone screamed racist when they had the shirts of Obama as a monkey with a banana, with Obama 08 on them. Yet they depict GWB as a monkey all the time.

Thats because Democrats can do whatever they want, but when they get a dose of their own medicine they cry and scream racism. :)

Its a case of whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander. Remember, everyone is equal but some are more equal then others......

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: mooseracing

Thats because Republicans can do whatever they want, but when they get a dose of their own medicine they cry and scream "liberal media". :)

Its a case of whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander. Remember, everyone is equal but some are more equal then others......

-- fixed. --

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Obama Waffles Story

Perhaps they should do like the Democrats. You know, slash tires, chain themselves together in the street, throw urine on people, start fires........

Rather that that like the Republicans. You know, burn crosses, lynch black people, drag homosexuals with a pickup until they die, commit tax fraud, poison kittens, and molest children.

Oh wait... maybe a small sample of a larger group isn't really representative of the whole.

But that wouldn't stop you from trying to generalize invalidly, would it? What a tool.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

Exactly, some little mundane thing that no one would have ever heard of gets turned into national news and thus gets more attention because someone else has to yell and scream about it.

I for one want to find a box of Obama Waffles now. Not because I support racism ect, but because it will piss someone off.

Such hypocrisy. I can only imagine the outrage from the Republicans if boxes of McCain Depends were being sold at a major Democratic fundraiser.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

Such hypocrisy. I can only imagine the outrage from the Republicans if boxes of McCain Depends were being sold at a major Democratic fundraiser.

"Change you can urinate in."

Feb 6, 2007
On the back of the box, Obama is depicted in stereotypical Mexican dress, including a sombrero, above a recipe for "Open Border Fiesta Waffles" that says it can serve "4 or more illegal aliens." The recipe includes a tip: "While waiting for these zesty treats to invade your home, why not learn a foreign language?"

And they say conservatives have no sense of humor... I actually found that part pretty damn funny. Completely politically incorrect, xenophobic and racist, sure... but funny is funny.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Condi Rice has had much worse done to her. The "Waffles" are much ado about nothing.

I'm not sure if you got the memo because it is rather new into circulation....

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
What's great is that the party that pretty much defined the term "moral outrage" is telling everyone that they need to loosen up about this. I would bet any amount of money that if a GI John doll was made, depicting him negatively the republicans would be screaming bloody murder.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000

I think they are doing more damage by bringing attention to things most of us have never heard of before, like the other thread about the supposedly 'offensive' word to describe Obama.