This is why Democrats/liberals will continue to lose

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Moonbeam's point is that the answer isn't more us vs them. Rust belt denizens aren't the enemy. They've born the brunt of Job Creators movin' on to greener pastures more than most. Their communities are crumbling around them due to forces beyond their control. Their leadership has exploited them ruthlessly for decades & they're fed up & confused, easy pickings for a great charlatan like Trump.

That's sad for them but these are the dumb people who are easily exploited. If they aren't smart enough to discern feasible policy (Clinton) to fantasy (Trump and I'll add Bernie here too) then I'm afraid they aren't worth anybody's time and effort when they were the ones who voted in your current admin.

I don't sympathise with people who wanted their share of the pie by fucking over everybody else. I also don't sympathise with people who voted for such a train wreck of an admin over a single issue. They should pay for their stupidity. Whether you want to believe it or not this is the most rational stance.

Reactions: JSt0rm

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's sad for them but these are the dumb people who are easily exploited. If they aren't smart enough to discern feasible policy (Clinton) to fantasy (Trump and I'll add Bernie here too) then I'm afraid they aren't worth anybody's time and effort when they were the ones who voted in your current admin.

I don't sympathise with people who wanted their share of the pie by fucking over everybody else. I also don't sympathise with people who voted for such a train wreck of an admin over a single issue. They should pay for their stupidity. Whether you want to believe it or not this is the most rational stance.
You couldn't make a more stupid point. They are and will pay, more than you could ever repay them yourself. You are talking about self fucking people. Have a little shame. Your contempt is a drop in an ocean of their rage against themselves. In fact it is that same rage. Your stupid fucking response is like fucking yourself. Are you fucking blind? Well of course you are, blinded my hate and rage. You are angry at robot machines who are sound asleep. Whey and if you wake up the war will be over. Relax and be happy.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
You couldn't make a more stupid point. They are and will pay, more than you could ever repay them yourself. You are talking about self fucking people. Have a little shame. Your contempt is a drop in an ocean of their rage against themselves. In fact it is that same rage. Your stupid fucking response is like fucking yourself. Are you fucking blind? Well of course you are, blinded my hate and rage. You are angry at robot machines who are sound asleep. Whey and if you wake up the war will be over. Relax and be happy.

The mindless drivel you've been posting makes me think you're drunk. You haven't made any points here and you're blabbering like an idiot. Come back once you actually understand what's being said.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The winning strategy should be one that completely fucks over the Rustbelt and every single dumb conservative that has ever voted. Tell them everything that they want to hear and then do none of it. Republican policy is destructive and makes no economical sense but if low information voters want it to be so, lie to them to get their vote, then fuck them over or disregard their outrage* once in power.

* that is, if they're even capable of being informed on policies being passed. Most will just be outraged over skin colour of the PM, where they were born, unfounded conspiracy theories they've heard or an endless supply of other stupid things.

Maintaining a higher position in a caste system is a pretty smart strategy, and liberals certainly deserve to lose if they can't understand smart strategy, or any strategy for that matter.

That would make the two sides perfectly equal and you the same as the Trumpists.

The future belongs to neither side but a middle route where people of sound mind can have fruitful discourse rather than trying to "get" the other side.

Neither sides extremists get that and because of that, they are pretty much the same, the ones you hate the most are the people that are exactly like you.

Fair and balanced.

Moonbeam's point is that the answer isn't more us vs them. Rust belt denizens aren't the enemy. They've born the brunt of Job Creators movin' on to greener pastures more than most. Their communities are crumbling around them due to forces beyond their control. Their leadership has exploited them ruthlessly for decades & they're fed up & confused, easy pickings for a great charlatan like Trump.

Unlike you Moonbeam isn't actually dumb enough to believe degenerates are ever going to vote for liberalism.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The mindless drivel you've been posting makes me think you're drunk. You haven't made any points here and you're blabbering like an idiot. Come back once you actually understand what's being said.

Moonbeam has a pretty good point if you actually believe degenerates are too dumb to tie their shoes. Too bad for democrats they're not.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Unlike you Moonbeam isn't actually dumb enough to believe degenerates are ever going to vote for liberalism.

Which doesn't explain Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, LBJ or FDR in the slightest.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Which doesn't explain Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, LBJ or FDR in the slightest.

The ~40% racist/fascist trump base didn't vote for the first couple, though did for the third until he stabbed them in the back.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The ~40% racist/fascist trump base didn't vote for the first couple, though did for the third until he stabbed them in the back.

40% sounds like less than a majority. Perhaps you'll entertain the crazy idea that there are people you call degenerate who are trapped in the middle, caught in crossfire from both sides. Those independents we'd like to reach out to and help them in return for their vote. You think the formula for winning elections makes us stupid liberals?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Listen you fucking moron. I voted Sanders in the primary and Clinton in the general, master of P & N search like you criticized others for not being able to do, and said so numerous times in the past. Sorry to be rude but I don't really appreciate some half assed nitwit telling me how I didn't vote. I actually know and you don't. You bring that same brain dead self confidence in your lack of mental acuity into many of your posts. You're a God Damned light weight air head. No?

LOL, Ok trump tard apologist. I said I don't have time to go through the thousands and thousands of dumb ass things you've posted during the time you were ranting incessantly about how terrible Clinton was and how Trump "wasn't so bad", but I will get to it eventually. I know that makes you anxious, because surely you know who you voted for. We both do, the forum just doesn't remember (yet). But I'll get to it eventually.

Until then, why don't you continue to make apologies for nazis and racist (your long-lost BFFs). I thoroughly invite you to quote yourself from during the election on where you supported clinton. The posts likely don't exist. I also invite anybody to go look through your posts during the 2016 election (after june Ideally because that's when I know for a fact you hated clinton and were partial to Trump). They can easily find the posts if they have the stomach for it (I just plain don't have the time).

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
40% sounds like less than a majority. Perhaps you'll entertain the crazy idea that there are people you call degenerate who are trapped in the middle, caught in crossfire from both sides. Those independents we'd like to reach out to and help them in return for their vote. You think the formula for winning elections makes us stupid liberals?

First, LOL @ the degenerate apologist pretending to be liberal. Second, that precious 40% you shill for is why democrats celebrate passing conservative legislation eg healthcare.

Except it's nowhere near 40%.

No, it's just simple fact that ~40% are willing to look the other way on russian collusion so long as birther magnate continues to ban muslims etc.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
First, LOL @ the degenerate apologist pretending to be liberal. Second, that precious 40% you shill for is why democrats celebrate passing conservative legislation eg healthcare.

No, it's just simple fact that ~40% are willing to look the other way on russian collusion so long as birther magnate continues to ban muslims etc.

First it was 40% racist/ fascist white supremacists but now it's not about that. But it will be just as soon as you can get back to it, right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL, Ok trump tard apologist. I said I don't have time to go through the thousands and thousands of dumb ass things you've posted during the time you were ranting incessantly about how terrible Clinton was and how Trump "wasn't so bad", but I will get to it eventually. I know that makes you anxious, because surely you know who you voted for. We both do, the forum just doesn't remember (yet). But I'll get to it eventually.

Until then, why don't you continue to make apologies for nazis and racist (your long-lost BFFs). I thoroughly invite you to quote yourself from during the election on where you supported clinton. The posts likely don't exist. I also invite anybody to go look through your posts during the 2016 election (after june Ideally because that's when I know for a fact you hated clinton and were partial to Trump). They can easily find the posts if they have the stomach for it (I just plain don't have the time).

Pay particular attention to where I ended up. I had to defer to the experience of East coast folk who had a better knowledge of who Trump really is. I could see his words could mean anything but I didn't know, he was a clinical narcissist. I changed my mind once I was deluged with that information by fellow liberals. If you do your research you will find this so along with my statement of whom I voted for, Hillary Clinton. I suspect that as you discover so you will lose interest. An honest job will not be very favorable to how wrong you are and how sure you are that you are right.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonbeam has a pretty good point if you actually believe degenerates are too dumb to tie their shoes. Too bad for democrats they're not.
Yes, except for a few gifted liberals like yourself, for example, who cas see how smart conservatives aren't. Conservatives are as smart and dumb as liberals are. They just use their intelligence to rationalize away information not very flattering to their ldology.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, except for a few gifted liberals like yourself, for example, who cas see how smart conservatives aren't. Conservatives are as smart and dumb as liberals are. They just use their intelligence to rationalize away information not very flattering to their ldology.

Can't expect 'em to reason their way out of something they didn't reason their way into. They're hooked at a deeply irrational level. It feels good to believe.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Can't expect 'em to reason their way out of something they didn't reason their way into. They're hooked at a deeply irrational level. It feels good to believe.
Exactly. My only addenda to that would be that via self observation I came to see the same thing in myself and from there in others everybody who believes in a particular good that was acquired via conditioning. We grow up basically in conformity to the beliefs that surround us. This implies that all such nonsense is relative and has no absolute value. From there one can see that a particular morality will be based on an unconsciously assumed piece of programming that is a substitute for whatever real good may be. And all of these different moral values and absolute truths are not only contradictory but at war with each other. I simply believe that at core most people have empathy even where there may be a fear to express it. It is given to the tribe but not the outsider. The problem there, of course, is that there is only one tribe. That becomes clear when you abandon the duality of good and evil and experience empathy directly as a natural part of being. People focus on the differences between people because they were made to fear being or feeling different. I believe that conditioning doesn't just apply to conservatives but to all of us. It's absurd to blame others for what we also are. But to see that challenges everything we believe is the good.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Let's not pretend you can't manage to read basic english anymore. They surely are smart enough to play the dumbest liberals like Jhhnn.

Exactly. My only addenda to that would be that via self observation I came to see the same thing in myself and from there in others everybody who believes in a particular good that was acquired via conditioning. We grow up basically in conformity to the beliefs that surround us. This implies that all such nonsense is relative and has no absolute value. From there one can see that a particular morality will be based on an unconsciously assumed piece of programming that is a substitute for whatever real good may be. And all of these different moral values and absolute truths are not only contradictory but at war with each other. I simply believe that at core most people have empathy even where there may be a fear to express it. It is given to the tribe but not the outsider. The problem there, of course, is that there is only one tribe. That becomes clear when you abandon the duality of good and evil and experience empathy directly as a natural part of being. People focus on the differences between people because they were made to fear being or feeling different. I believe that conditioning doesn't just apply to conservatives but to all of us. It's absurd to blame others for what we also are. But to see that challenges everything we believe is the good.

You'd make a pretty good preacher.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Eh. Hard to say. Maybe this, maybe that. As long as it continues to happen, it's all good, really.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
While Democrats have been trying to figure out how to win elections again the Republicans, the president, have been filling the lower courts with more of their team members barely a peep of it has been talked about by them or by the press.

Dems lost in 2010 because they didn't have a game plan let alone see what game plan the Republicans were running with regards to gerrymandering and redistricting. The dems didn't have a game plan when Republicans didn't let Obama nominate a supreme court judge nor did they have a plan, until much later, to combat Republican obstruction of lower level judicial appointments.

Meanwhile, Republicans continue to dominate all levels of government despite representing a minority of the people.

At this point it looks like it's too late to do anything.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/donald-trump-is-rapidly-reshaping-the-nations-courts

Democrats seriously need to grow a spine and fight back. I don't' know why they don't start purging voters in their own states with governors while doing it disproportionately in favor for them. Republicans would cry like babies and be exposed for the hypocrites and racists that they are.

Technically, they can do something. It's not unconstitutional for them to add to the SC.

Last edited: