This is what I call a hefty water cooling system!

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
It's odd they used rounded cable. I wouldn't think airflow would be an issue with all that liquid in there! Cool (sorry :0) rig though...

stingray2

Jan 11, 2001
I wonder how much a system like that would cost? how much to put that on an existing system? and where do you buy that stuff?

fitzhue

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2000
interesting how he just happens to have heavy machinery laying around in his yard. very cool idea though, i wish i had that kind of resources to do something like that.

Need4Speed

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 1999
if you'd bother to read any of the TEXT, you'd see that they are in the middle of buidling a house...hence the heavy machinary.

majewski9

Platinum Member
Jun 26, 2001
HE mentions that PSU water cooling is on the way! Who here thinks that this a rather dangerous idea? I think that one or two fans do a nice job cooling psu's and we dont need to water cool them. He better be joking since I dont want to ever buy a power supply that is water cooled!

mosdef

Banned
May 14, 2000
Can someone explain the idea behind water cooling system? Is the water in the tubes very cold, and does it divert the water that is heated by the CPU elsewhere to be cooled?

-mosdef

Strafe

Oct 11, 1999
water is a better conductor of heat than air, the water then runs through a fan cooled radiator which dissipates the heat. However, in this case he has buried a water cannister several feet down so the water is naturally cooled.