This is sad :--(

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Well, I am almost done with my internship here, and the one thing I just noticed today with about 2 weeks left:

1. I have worked 2 12 hour shifts and 1 18 hour shift this week, plus I am coming in the weekend.
2. I do not feel like an intern in this company but like a full time employee.
3. That I can not stand eating lunch in the office, no matter what I eat my food taste so bland and I do not enjoy it.
4. That when I am stressed out or pretty tired, the local Whataburger has this lady that gives me a hug every time she sees me, we do not know each other but she always greets me with a warm smile and a big hug :--) (I like her)

dam(back to work)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
hmmm that's nice about the lady giving you hugs and all, but when you are so well known at your local whataburger, that the employees give you hugs; it is time to re-evaluate how often you eat fast food.

:D:p

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
4. That when I am stressed out or pretty tired, the local Whataburger has this lady that gives me a hug every time she sees me, we do not know each other but she always greets me with a warm smile and a big hug :--) (I like her)

dam(back to work)

Scary

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
What's a Whataburger?

:Q only the best fast food hamburgers in the world! (IN-n-out doesn't count, cause then the competition would be unfair).

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
What's a Whataburger?

The only one I've ever seen is on the north side of Shreveport, Lousisiana. I thought it was a local thing. Hmm

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I love my internship...cool people, fun work(I've learned a lot and can put tons of things on my resume now), time flies, and I get paid a lot...
Seems like when you write programs for classes it blows cause all your time is taken up and its for nothing...but when you're at work and you're figurin out how to do somethin and u spend all day gettin somthin to work and it does, you feel like u dind't waste a day cause someones actually going to use what you're doing and you just got paid for the day:) Time flies when I'm at work...that and I get to talk to people on AIM and read ATOT

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: pyonir
What's a Whataburger?

:Q only the best fast food hamburgers in the world! (IN-n-out doesn't count, cause then the competition would be unfair).

In-N-Out ownz you all!!!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket

In-N-Out ownz you all!!![/quote]

sorry. INO doesn't count. like i said...there is no competition for INO. They are beyond fast food.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The intership I had in college required me to work a minimun of 12 hours every day(I worked), and from 7:00 PM to 7:00AM, if not later depening on if I was still working on a case.

That'll toughen you up real quick. Graduating from college was actually like going on vacation :)

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I make my own hours but I like to get in at 9 cuase everyone else is here at that time and I Figure 10-6 is too late, and I don't wanna get up any earlier than 8. I'm salaried, so it doesn't matter how much I work..but they want me to get 40 in. I usually stay longer cuase I either lose track of time or I try to finish up what I'm doing for them because its not too bad and I really liek my boss. That and I got hooked up w/ an IP phone, a lappy, a dual monitor setup, a docking station, 2 cubes cuase everyone works virtual office, my own wallboard that I can program to say stuff, and a headset for my phone. My internship rules

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
What's a Whataburger?

In-N-Out ownz you all!!!

The name In-N-Out is kinda weird. It's like your food goes in and out goes... you know

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
What's a Whataburger?

I think Harvey's is the best fast food burger on the market, err....

Canadian Market that is :D

I have had In-n-Out a couple of times and I didn't like it at all.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
When yer an intern yer the resident b|tch. Not f*cking up and making contacts should be the only things on yer mind. And if yer getting paid any amount yer better off than most (at least in my field).

Lethal