This is not a toy!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Easily packed with video/audio equipment. A pair of slugs slipped inside a rabbit's foot attached to a keychain that gets put in the tub with your wristwatch, cellphone, wallet, etc. ;)

Except those pesky metal detectors.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
How many times have you heard that yet you know...you just have to have/build one?

Lasers come to mind obviously.

So do coil guns!

Check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjnhhtHojM&

:wub:

I still remember in 7th grade when the firemen came in to give us a safety lecture and showed us the hair spray torch accompanied by the "don't try this at home" lecture. I guarantee at least 90% of us immediately went home, grabbed mom's can of hair spray and tried it out ourselves.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Easily packed with video/audio equipment. A pair of slugs slipped inside a rabbit's foot attached to a keychain that gets put in the tub with your wristwatch, cellphone, wallet, etc. ;)

Contacting homeland security on you now. Please wait at your door with your hands up. :whiste:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It has plenty of power - it's portable, won't set off any security systems (no explosives) and can destroy a server. ;)

I've been shot with one of those nerf guns. Would you want to get shot with that? :biggrin:

Yeah he was shooting at a toaster oven and his weapon has a laser sight. It could have bounced back in his eye. ;)
err, it could not puncture that plastic plane. Which means it is lacking in speed. It will not touch a server.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I did that with WD40. :biggrin:

Even better is light a candle and step back about three feet and point a butane can at it and depress the valve. If you're in a tight room something will move from the air pressure change! :eek: The first time I saw this done three panes of glass in the overhead door what were moved - right out of the frames falling free to the ground where they shattered! :eek:

I still remember in 7th grade when the firemen came in to give us a safety lecture and showed us the hair spray torch accompanied by the "don't try this at home" lecture. I guarantee at least 90% of us immediately went home, grabbed mom's can of hair spray and tried it out ourselves.

Like they really care about someone's Lone Ranger rabbit feet. That's why the main caps should be Rubycons. (or at least Nichicons) No questions asked admittance. ;)

Contacting homeland security on you now. Please wait at your door with your hands up. :whiste:

Oh I think it will. Just to add to fun attach a small wire and connect to 240VAC circuit, remove server cover and shoot at RAID controller, etc.

Turning off the server and pushing a "pillow" of steel wool behind the CPU socket area and replacing the cover is another trick. The unsuspecting nerd turns it on to see smoke. Lots of it! :biggrin:

Let's face it! That gun is hardly a weapon to hit the streets with. Same with airsoft and other bb type guns. They're plinkers. Show up to a meet where others are shooting paintball, airsoft, etc. with that thing and you'll certainly turn some heads.

err, it could not puncture that plastic plane. Which means it is lacking in speed. It will not touch a server.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I did that with WD40. :biggrin:

Even better is light a candle and step back about three feet and point a butane can at it and depress the valve. If you're in a tight room something will move from the air pressure change! :eek: The first time I saw this done three panes of glass in the overhead door what were moved - right out of the frames falling free to the ground where they shattered! :eek:

Like they really care about someone's Lone Ranger rabbit feet. That's why the main caps should be Rubycons. (or at least Nichicons) No questions asked admittance. ;)

Oh I think it will. Just to add to fun attach a small wire and connect to 240VAC circuit, remove server cover and shoot at RAID controller, etc.

Turning off the server and pushing a "pillow" of steel wool behind the CPU socket area and replacing the cover is another trick. The unsuspecting nerd turns it on to see smoke. Lots of it! :biggrin:

Let's face it! That gun is hardly a weapon to hit the streets with. Same with airsoft and other bb type guns. They're plinkers. Show up to a meet where others are shooting paintball, airsoft, etc. with that thing and you'll certainly turn some heads.

Wow this didn't make sense until I realized you put the quotes under your response.