This is how you do it

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
If Democrats are too cowardly to criticize their colleagues as openly as they should, well at least these people exposed them on a big stage. Recipients/and representatives of Gold Medals for their heroism on Jan 6th shake Pelosi and Schumer's hands then just walk by the turtle and McCarthy with nothing. Love it. I wouldn't want to dirty my hand by shaking theirs either. Too bad those two guys have no capability to feel shame.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Republicans are Republicans because they can't openly feel shame. They were shamed badly as children and deeply repress it. What they can be made to feel however, is fear. Their modus oparandi is to shame others which means they live in terror of rejection by whatever herd they inhabit. They have no real self respect and can acquire it only externally. How vulnerable can you get?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Republicans are Republicans because they can't openly feel shame. They were shamed badly as children and deeply repress it. What they can be made to feel however, is fear. Their modus oparandi is to shame others which means they live in terror of rejection by whatever herd they inhabit. They have no real self respect and can acquire it only externally. How vulnerable can you get?
So you think only Republicans were shamed as kids? Wow, so all Democrats were raised by great parents and families.

Do you have any studies to back this huge claim?

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So you think only Republicans were shamed as kids? Wow, so all Democrats were raised by great parents and families.

Do you have any studies to back this huge claim?

I believe that being put down as children creates two broad categories of people with shading going from one extreme to the other. For some the result is Stockholm Syndrome where the victim identifies with his or her tormentor and becomes one him or her self. The other category leans more to identifying as a victim and champions victim causes. Roughly speaking I see conservative and liberal in this. But in each the hatred is there. The Stockholm victim's empathy for the victim proves so hopeless that surrender of the self is the only way to survive. With liberals the damage I think is not so extreme. The self hate is there but the traumas are perhaps not so extreme, or there are bright spots in their lives that keep hope alive as embers. The study I read is the observation of life and the wisdom I have gotten from people I consider to be free. Probably the first enlightened being I ran into was Jesus, but I didn't know him personally. But Christianity created in me a longing for the good. I didn't at that time yet know it does not exist as I imagined it did. I thought it was something out there in the universe objectively and having nothing at all to do with worthless me.