This is how stupid society is becoming.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
You can see people panicking and even jumping on the dividers when an escalator in NJ starts going in reverse. Oh My God. The Humanity!!!You know what they call an up escalator going in reverse? A down escalator. Apparently they never rode one going down before. Maybe they were scared because it wasn’t going the direction they were looking. Turning around must be a lost art. I wonder what these people would do in an elevator that was supposed to be going up went down a floor?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/01/5-injured-when-nj-escalator-reverses/

Do the math.

Say about 20 People weighing anywhere from 100 to 300 pounds all of a sudden piling on top of each other.

At least one woman got trampled pretty good.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Do the math.

Say about 20 People weighing anywhere from 100 to 300 pounds all of a sudden piling on top of each other.

At least one woman got trampled pretty good.

It's not just that. Imagine you're on the escalator near the bottom. You've run out of space to move down the escalator, but the step you're standing on is still moving down. It's like having the rug pulled out from under you, so you fall down. From there, it would be like knocking over bowling pins. This is happening while you're laying on moving stairs.

1) you fall down because your body can't move with the ground you're standing on
2) other people fall on top of you while you're laying on an escalator (metal stairs with square corners)
3) stupid fucks still refuse to move because they're cunts

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Watch the video in full screen. People are moving off the end of the escalator with no problems.

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
Why am I not surprised that it happened at a subway station. Where else are you going to find sheep with lower IQs or less patience?

SaurusX

Nov 13, 2012
Why can't people record video horizontally? That's the bigger grievance here.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Society is getting so stupid, soon you'll have people thinking fake satirical articles are real.

Oh wait... :D

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Society is getting so stupid, soon you'll have people thinking fake satirical articles are real.

Oh wait... :D

Or someone who thinks racists vote republican because NY Business owners hire more whites. Atleast I realized my error the same day. Your stupidity has been in your sig forever.

Apr 27, 2012
Or someone who thinks racists vote republican because NY Business owners hire more whites. Atleast I realized my error the same day. Your stupidity has been in your sig forever.

Agree, He still doesn't realize that he is wrong and that continues to show his ignorance. Definitely one of the more idiotic posters on here

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Agree, He still doesn't realize that he is wrong and that continues to show his ignorance. Definitely one of the more idiotic posters on here

He doesn't even realize how stupid his own sig is and has diplayed it for all to see for a long time all the while running around calling other people stupid.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

My sig is a critique on free markets. Aren't republicans pro-free markets? The only stupid one is you.

Yes, clearly the guy who started the 'ZOMG GOOGLE'S TRYING TO DESTROY CHRISTMAS BY SAYING 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS'' should really be commenting. Also, LOL @ you trying to get mods to lock the thread because we made you look like a bitch.

Apr 27, 2012
My sig is a critique on free markets. Aren't republicans pro-free markets? The only stupid one is you.

Yes, clearly the guy who started the 'ZOMG GOOGLE'S TRYING TO DESTROY CHRISTMAS BY SAYING 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS'' should really be commenting. Also, LOL @ you trying to get mods to lock the thread because we made you look like a bitch.

republicans definitely arent pro-free market, which of their policies supports the free market. They support big government and corporatism like the democrats along with endless wars.

You are one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum, you benefit from Capitalism yet you attack it constantly.

As for the Christmas thread the only bitch was you

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
republicans definitely arent pro-free market, which of their policies supports the free market. They support big government and corporatism like the democrats along with endless wars.

You are one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum, you benefit from Capitalism yet you attack it constantly.

As for the Christmas thread the only bitch was you

The voters sure are free market supporters. It's funny you're too stupid to extrapolate the fact that new york capitalists probably aren't 'liberals' and the business owners in conservatives states are a helluva lot more racist.

Also, "PLEASE CLOSE MY THREAD :'(" -Incorruptible

LOLOLOLOL

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The voters sure are free market supporters. It's funny you're too stupid to extrapolate the fact that new york capitalists probably aren't 'liberals' and the business owners in conservatives states are a helluva lot more racist

And even further proof of your own stupidity.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
And even further proof of your own stupidity.

Saying 'you're stupid' is not a rebuttal and only proves your own stupidity. Sorry that you can't seem to work out semi-complex ideas and bring them to their own logical conclusion.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Saying 'you're stupid' is not a rebuttal and only proves your own stupidity. Sorry that you can't seem to work out semi-complex ideas and bring them to their own logical conclusion.

Ok, how about the fact that you think the majority of business owners in the largely Democratic state of NY are Conservatives? You fail there, but let’s give you the benefit of the doubt. Now you have to assume that people are voting for Republican Politicians because of the hiring practices of some NY City Business Owners. The stupidity is overwhelming.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Ok, how about the fact that you think the majority of business owners in the largely Democratic state of NY are Conservatives? You fail there, but let’s give you the benefit of the doubt. Now you have to assume that people are voting for Republican Politicians because of the hiring practices of some NY City Business Owners. The stupidity is overwhelming.

"Largely Democratic" != No Republicans, are you stupid you don't realize New York votesin republican politicans to office? Next you're going to tell me those business owners are pro-raising taxes.

Yes, the stupidity is overwhelming... YOUR stupidity that is.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
But the larger point, the point you're obviously missing, Matt (because you're a fucking retard of the highest order) is that there is massive racism in employment all over in a market economy and that's why conservatives FAVOR it. You're not seeing the forest for the trees (because you're a fucking retard).

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
This was an attempt by NJ state government to get people to lose weight - (see - hamster wheels).

Failed miserably as 5 were injured and the longest people walked without going anywhere was 15 seconds. Society needs to be a bit dumber before this succeeds and we can cure all obesity.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
"Largely Democratic" != No Republicans, are you stupid you don't realize New York votesin republican politicans to office? Next you're going to tell me those business owners are pro-raising taxes.

Largely does not equal total you blubbering asshat.

http://www.270towin.com/states/New_York

The last Republican President they voted for was 28 years ago and had only a single term Republican Governor since 1974. But go on, keep doing what you have to do to convince yourself that NY Business Owners are Republicans.

Nov 8, 2012
It's funny, because there is something that is just as (if not more) stupid as the people in the video. Whom you ask? The people that deem this worthy of reporting on :rolleyes:

Thank you liberal media, PLEASE CONTINUE TO FEED US THE RED PILL THAT WE NEED TO FEAR THE ESCALATORS. EVIL ESCALATORS. BE ON THE LOOKOUT!

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Saying 'you're stupid' is not a rebuttal and only proves your own stupidity.