This Is going To Be The Longest Running Thread Here Ever!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: yamahaXS
Well, I am not an old timer, and I am more aligned with the democratic platform than otherwise, but I would like to think that I should be in your list (i.e., amt advice given > amt advice gotten from ATOTers). That would be nice since I never made that "If You are New Here This Is All You Need to Know" list (Ameesh??, 2002).

im sorry :(

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: thebestMAX
A Democrat, Intelligent but misguided
LOL

Err...back on topic. For advice on everyday life, hell no. I think that now that a lot of you have said and done everything, you expect us (the new youths on the block) not to paint the town red like you used to. Not gonna happen. ;) This forum is the one place a person can come to hear about how all the perfect people would respond in a civilized, mannered fashion and pooh-pooh the one who doesn't.

On politics...definitely. I never found Russ to contribute much serious content, but the other conservatives on the forum have definitely changed my liberal views on a variety of issues. Example: I'm now anti-gun grabber, because criminals will always manage to get their paws on them - you might as well equalize. I think I can sum that end of things up with a quote from Winston Churchill:

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.

That's not perfectly accurate but you'll understand my point. ;)

Ahhh, another one converted. Welcome to the Good side.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
For advice, not usually. There are a few, as Greg pointed out, that know their stuff, and I usually take them seriously, but for the most part, no.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Harvey ( A Democrat, Intelligent but misguided)
My guidance system is working just fine, as long as I ignore stupid remarks like that. :)

Desturel

Nov 25, 2001
It's not going to be as long as that Dreamcast game Hot Deal thread. I think that thing reached 2000+ posts.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Harvey-

After some of your misguided (;))comments in other threads here today I was wondering when you were going to chime in. :)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Ive learned to tune out the old timers. :)

j/k

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Harvey-

After some of your misguided (;))comments in other threads here today I was wondering when you were going to chime in. :)

Well it's obvious that someone has stuck a magnet on the compass in Harvey's guidance system. (j/k Harv, don't blow a gasket)

The kids here will learn things the same way we did. By doing exactly the opposite of what someone tells them to do. It's part of growing up.

BTW you should add Hivemaster to your list. He is, afterall, the smartest person in the world. Just ask him.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i forgot about you Chief. You are the only 'old-timer' i make sure to ignore and do the opposite of.

;):p

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
<<Well it's obvious that someone has stuck a magnet on the compass in Harvey's guidance system. >>

BWAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA

Good one, Dave. I think he should put that in his sig!

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I am just here for the free beer...

I consider myself the local expert on absolutely everything, so feel free to ask me for something.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
To most of the folks here, I'm an old fart by comparison

Everyone thinks I'm nuts :( Who'd listen to me?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AmusedOne
To most of the folks here, I'm an old fart by comparison

Everyone thinks I'm nuts :( Who'd listen to me?

thinks? 'knows' is the word you should have used.

:p

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Rossman sure has helped me out on numerous ocassions, the same goes for viper GTS and AphexII.

Thanks peepssss

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How old do you have to be to know that you don't know anything and how much more is there to know when you know that?

What if knowledge is as much or more a matter on unlearning than it is of adding anything new.