This guy sits on the "House Committee on Science, Space and Technology".

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Catholic and Protestants both worship the same "god". Some Protestants just like to believe that Catholics are different in order to be able to push the religious view of "our way is the true way" by attempting to differentiation between what "god" they worship vs Catholics. In the end it just a matter of semantics between both groups.
no one says the god is different, just that catholics worship it the wrong way since they're praying to statues of crying madonnas etc. and deny that intermediares are necessary, the pastor is just that, a pastor. It leads his community.
Not even muslims try to say that christians or juice worship a different god, all abrahamitic religions worship the same thing, although some give it more of a polytheistic feel (catholics compared to protestants for example) than others.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
so are you ever going to answer these two simple questions?

As I said, you really do not have any idea of mass-energy equivalence or conservation.

The [rest] mass of a proton is bound by mass-energy equivalence. But there is no limit to the energy (velocity) it can gain until it approaches close to the speed of light (and its mass approaches closer to infinity)

So ignorant, the proton is bound by mass-energy equivalence and conservation at two levels, its own nucleon internal structure as well as energy in relation to its external environment. The combination of these two give it relativistic mass/energy. I must have told this a million fucking times already here, get a clue cheapo, buy a physics textbook.

Now do you think that the nucleon itself is made of nice good old matter?
Think again, the mass of the proton is about eighty times greater than the sum of the rest masses of the quarks that make it up, while the gluons have zero rest mass. Again remember, I have no doubt all of these internal aspects of the nucleon i.e. quarks, gluons can be explained through their own structures compounded with the mass-energy equivalence.

As for your second stupid question. Note what I said before:

The 21.5KT stands for the energy released (approximate) from the fatman nuclear explosion rated at 8.8×10^13 Joules. This was a nuclear explosion, but nuke power is rated on tons of TNT so the 21.5 KT here means the energy release (explosion) of 21,500 tons of TNT. This is not all that hard to compute, use one gram of TNT as the equivalent of 4184 Joules.

Oh by the way for you ignorants:

The kiloton and megaton of TNT have traditionally been used to rate the energy output, and hence destructive power, of nuclear weapons (see nuclear weapon yield). This unit is written into various nuclear weapon control treaties, and gives a sense of destructiveness as compared with ordinary explosives, like TNT. More recently, it has been used to describe the energy released in other highly destructive events, such as asteroid impacts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent

The people who call the pursuit and love of knowledge psychos are the true psychos here. I have been extraordinarily patient, spoon feeding you all. But really this takes the cake. You people are the ones who need professional help and yes, some good physics lessons.