THINS I WISH I'D KNOWN... BEFORE I WENT OUT IN THE REAL WORLD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001

<< Confucious say man meet girl in park is good but man park meat in girl, better. >>

Hehe, didn't Confucious also have something to say about turnstyles, and &quot;Bangkok?&quot; ;)

A quick glance at modern society (afforded by listening to your local evening news, or having a look-sie at the news in your local paper) will reveal that many people also live by this rule:

&quot;It's always anybody else's fault but your own.&quot; :)

kvelouria

Jun 18, 2001
When someone says, &quot;I'm in a relationship right now, but it's not serious and I'm definitely going to get out of it,&quot; DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. EVER.

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
-Mom and Dad were right about some things, and wrong about others.

-Choose your roommates VERY carefully.

-Don't be a doormat to anyone. People sense doormats and tend to walk all over them.

JHalpin

Jan 29, 2001
For some odd reason your parents seem oh so much wiser when you turn 30 than when you turn 15.....

chansen

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Trust in Allah but tie your camel >>

- That's beautiful *wipes tear from eye*

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
Always bring a gun to a knife fight.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Women like flowers.

the following are quotes from Lazarus long. find more here
EDIT: better ones here! link

Money is the greatest compliment. Women love to be flattered...so do men.

Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark

Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again

Another ingredient for a happy marriage: Budget the luxuries first!

Money is truthful. If a man speaks of his honor, make him pay cash.

Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you.

A man does not insist on physical beauty in a woman who builds up his morale. After a while he realizes that she is beautiful - he just hadn't noticed it at first.

Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long after he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money - but long on hugs.

Always store beer in a dark place.

$100 placed at 7 percent interest compounded quarterly for 200 years will increase to more than $100,000,000 - by which time it will be worth nothing.