Think you are safer with a gun in your home?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: ElFenix
you have to have a license to own a vehicle subject to registration in the state of california, if you're a minor:

15500. It is unlawful for any minor who does not possess a valid
driver's license issued under this code to order, purchase or lease,
attempt to purchase or lease, contract to purchase or lease, accept,
or otherwise obtain, any vehicle of a type subject to registration.

otherwise i don't find any requirement. then again i'm not looking very hard and they may do it some backdoor way like through insurance requirements.

There's also a difference between purchasing and owning a vehicle or holding title to the vehicle. I can't find anything one way or the other in my perusal of the vehicle code, but I'm not going to waste time looking too deep.

In other words, you're wrong, but you're going to deny being wrong because it destroys your ridiculous notions about gun ownership.

Gotcha.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: ElFenix
you have to have a license to own a vehicle subject to registration in the state of california, if you're a minor:

15500. It is unlawful for any minor who does not possess a valid
driver's license issued under this code to order, purchase or lease,
attempt to purchase or lease, contract to purchase or lease, accept,
or otherwise obtain, any vehicle of a type subject to registration.

otherwise i don't find any requirement. then again i'm not looking very hard and they may do it some backdoor way like through insurance requirements.

There's also a difference between purchasing and owning a vehicle or holding title to the vehicle. I can't find anything one way or the other in my perusal of the vehicle code, but I'm not going to waste time looking too deep.

In other words, you're wrong, but you're going to deny being wrong because it destroys your ridiculous notions about gun ownership.

Gotcha.

How am I wrong? And how does this destroy my notions of gun ownership?

You made two very stupid statements. 1) It's unclear whether california allows you to obtain title to a vehicle without a valid license 2) the entire discussion over the vehicle code is an IRRELEVANT TANGENT.

Again, the pro-gun crowd on this board is largely filled with silly illogical statements. I already stated I'm pretty much on the fence on the gun issue.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Again, the pro-gun crowd on this board is largely filled with silly illogical statements. I already stated I'm pretty much on the fence on the gun issue.

Please list and refute these "silly illogical statements."

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Wait a second! Hold the phone! Stop the presses!

You're telling me that someone with a gun in his/her possession is more likely to be injured by a gun than someone that doesn't have a gun in his/her possession?!?

That is simply unbelievable.

Next you're probably going to tell me that people that play baseball are more likely to sustain baseball related injuries than non-baseball players.