Things to do in Chicago?

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
I'm going to be in Chicago during Spring Break and I'm not quite sure of things to do there. I know I want to check out the downtown area and perhaps go see a museum or something. Any suggestions?

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
The Field museum is really cool. It also has the bonus of being right next to the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium. You can go to millennium park and see the "bean". If your into tall buildings, the Hancock Tower and the Sears Tower both have neat observation decks. Although if your going to the hancock, I'd recommend going to the lounge instead of the observatory. You get the same view, but since it's a bar, you'll pay the same price for a drink as you would for the observatory ticket. May as well take the cocktail.

If art is your thing, the Art Institute of Chicago has some really famous works and the Museum of Contemporary Art is nice as well. If your a shopper the "Magnificient Mile" on Michigan avenue has tons of stores, most quite expensive.

If the weather is nice, Navy Pier is also fun.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Museum of Science and Industry
Shedd Aquarium
Field Museum
Art Institute of Chicago
Museum of Contemporary Art
Navy Pier
Millennium Park
John Hancock observation deck
Sears Tower observation deck
Michigan Ave between Oak St. and the River (stores, lots of stores)
Rush/State St. area (bars/restaurants)
Alder Planetarium
Lincoln Park Zoo

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
Sorry about the repost. I should know better, shame on me..

Good suggestions! Unfortunately I can't check out the cool bars as I'm not yet 21 :( . But if the bar is known for great food I'll be sure to stop by. Or other good restaurants for that matter.

The aquarium sounds like a must!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Things to do in Chicago for spring break? Visit O'Hare and take a flight to someplace warm. Only thing that would bring someone to Chicago is if he had a girlfriend who lives in Chicago and is going home for spring break. If so, hit up the Goose Island Brewery? But more seriously, if you don't want to take a flight out from O'Hare, your next best option is to take a flight out from Midway. ;)

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Eat at the Weber grill. It's a restaruant & bar that is owned by the Weber BBQ grill company.

Burgers are damn tasty, beer-can chicken is amazing and lots of good beer on tap.

Shop on Michigan Ave.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
What a coincidence - that's where I'm going for Spring Break also :)