Things that don't make sense

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Here are some random thoughts I had this morning on the way to work about stuff that doesn't make sense (hey, I have an hour+ drive to work...)

The following does not make sense to me:

- The Yankees and the Devil Rays playing the opening day ballgame in Japan. Only
to return home for a couple of more exhibition games.

- #2 seed UConn Lady Huskies playing at home versus #1 seed Penn State.

- The Braves moving off of WSB radio (interesting only to Atlanta people)

- Art Modell honored at the NFL Owner's meeting. For WHAT!? Running the
Cleveland Browns into the ground, getting a sweetheart deal in Baltimore, and
then losing money there too!?

- I keep hearing about high unemployment. Last I checked, it was ~5.6%. Have
people forgotten how high unemployment was in the 70s and 80s? And wasn't a 5.6%
unemployment rate called 'low' during the Clinton years? Granted, it got lower...but still.

- Bush wants broadband in every home by 2007. Why? Not every home has a
computer. Not every home can afford broadband. Who is going to pay for the
rollout of broadband for everyone?

- Six year old girls wearing hip huggers with their underwear sticking out.
Makes a person want to slap a parent.

Feel free to post things that don't make sense to you (excluding this post of course)

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
We had a large assembly because our flags team won state. there were TWO TEAMS COMPETING. wtf. congrats and all, but come on.

Why is there no long john silvers' around here? I love that place.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Getting more Govt. funding for having more kids. Why is it that the poor are rewarded for having more kids?!?

Why do they build roads with the thought "We'll never need more lanes than this" and then they put the power poles right on the end of the road so when they do have to expand, they need to move all the poles!

Why isn't more money spent in this country on stopping crime. Instead of going to IRAQ we could have spent the money on prisons.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
- Six year old girls wearing hip huggers with their underwear sticking out.
Makes a person want to slap a parent.

MY GOD ITS NASTY.

My sister has a 11 yr old that dresses like a slut. Fricken hip huggers, low cut shirts and way to much makeup. She looks like she is 18 (granted without the body). There is NO way my daughter is going to dress like that at 11 or under. I dont care if it is the style.